Chapter Twenty Eight: Birthday

It's the day of my birthday.

It's bright and early in the morning. I roll over in the bed and expect to run into a body, but instead I just land on the same mattress. Empty space occupying where Gerard used to be. I frown and roll back over. Where could he be?

In the distance, I hear a sizzling sound. Then the sound of glasses and eating utensils being removed from cupboards. After 5 minutes, the door to the bedroom creaks open. An ungraceful Gerard bounds in with a tray, filled with food. He smiles at me and sets the tray on my lap, then holds a finger and runs back out the room. Gerard comes back in with a mug of coffee and something behind his back.

I take the mug from his hand and sip the coffee cautiously. Gerard removes his hand from behind his back and reveals a reddish-pink Plumeria flower. I gasp and carefully sit up, minding the tray of food in my lap. I take the flower and sniff it's scent.

"Happy birthday, Elysia." Gerard says. He comes over to me and kisses my forehead.

I giggle and wrap my arms around his neck to pull him in for a kiss. He locks his lips with mine and grins. I feel him place a hand on my waist and pull away to look at me. "Eat, you have a big day ahead of you," he says.

I giggle and look down at the tray of food. Eggs, turkey bacon, toast with butter and grape jelly, and two pancakes with butter. I smile and start digging into the food. I can barely finish it all before I start getting full. I finish off my coffee and get out of the bed to skip out of the room and downstairs.

I find Gerard sipping his own coffee. He smiles as he sees me and sets down his mug to catch me when I jump into his arms. I wrap my legs around his waist and laugh loudly as we spin around.

I can't help but to just think about how lucky I am. Out of all the people I was destined to marry, destined to meet. It was my idol. This man in a band that's huge around the world, who girls fangirl over. The odds I'd fall in love with Gerard are large. The odds he'd fall in love with a fan, let alone me, smaller. The odds we'd get married, even smaller. But here we are. Laughing, holding each other. Engaged. Living together in happiness.

Gerard sets me down and smiles into my eyes. I lean on my toes and crash my lips against his. He kisses back and wraps his arms around my waist, restricting me from moving away. I'm okay with this. We part lips and collide back together, tongues sliding together. I moan against his lips and tilt my head so we fit together perfectly.

Gerard tugs at the hem of my shirt. I get what he wants right away, and pull away to nod. Gerard grins and lifts me up, quickly carrying me up the stairs and into our bedroom. He moves the tray out of the way and climbs on top of me. I giggle as we continue making out, clothes being ripped off each others bodies.

An hour later, Gerard and I are getting ready for the party. My birthday party. I'm wear a black dress which the skirt poofs out sort of, and a red sash is tied around my waist. I slip on some black converse high tops and curl my hair. I place it in a low side ponytail. Gerard wears a black dress shirt and black pants. He also wears black converse. He fixes his hair back like he did for that white dress shirt and black vested photoshoot a few months ago.

Gerard takes the Plumeria and places it in my hair. I blush and give him a kiss. I grab my eyeliner and apply it around my eyes. I blink a few times before grabbing my bag and taking Gerard's hand. We walk out of the house and to his car.

We make our way over to Ray and Christa's house. This party is both a celebration for my birthday, and the celebration for Gerard and I getting engaged. It's only Ray, Christa, Mikey, Alicia, Gerard, me, and maybe Frank. We don't know if he'll show up.

We get to their house and park on the side of the road. Gerard gets out and runs around the car to let me out on my side. I thank him and take his hand. We walk together up the driveway and the concrete steps to the front door. Gerard knocks and steps back with me. Christa quickly answers and cheers when she sees us.

"Elysia! Gerard! Come on in!" She says cheerfully. She hugs the both of us as we walk in.

I look towards the right to the dining room, and behind that the kitchen. Cake and a few packages are on the counters. I chuckle and hug Ray as he comes walking in. "Happy birthday," he says in my ear. I thank him and release my grip on him. A few seconds later, the doorbell rings and I volunteer to get it.

I run to the door and open it up. Alicia and Mikey are standing at the doorway. I smile big and let them in. Mikey embraces me in a big hug. I laugh as we make it into the main room locked in embrace. He lets go and looks at me. "Happy fucking birthday!" Mikey says.

I laugh and thank him. It's Alicia's turn to hug me. We giggle and fix each other's eyeliner as we pull away. I turn to Gerard and feel him sling an arm around my shoulder.

The party consisted of all of us, Frank arriving later on, talking about Gerard and I and the up and coming wedding. We finally had cake and drinks (For Gerard, Mikey and I, water.) and I opened up my presents. Christa bought me a dream catcher with purple and blue feathers. Ray got me a new guitar strap with a skull pattern on it. On one skull, my name is printed on it. Mikey got me a leather jacket. Alicia got me makeup and a heart with wings necklace. Frank bought me a wrist band. On it, it says my name and 'Jersey' on the other side. Of course.

I thank everyone for their presents. After the party ends, Gerard and I are the first to leave. We walk outside and to our car. He stops me before I get inside.

"Here's my present. It isn't much, but I put a lot into it." Gerard pulls out a piece of paper from his pocket and places it in my hand.

I smile at him and unfold the white paper carefully. I can barely see in the dark of the night, so Gerard takes his phone out and shine it on the paper.

It's a drawing. An illistration of the two of us. We're tangled in each other's arms, and surrounding us is a hail of bullets. At the bottom right, in Gerard's handwriting, he writes 'Elysia & Gerard. The true Demolition Lovers.'

I smile and look up at Gerard. "I love it, so much. This was the best birthday present ever." I lean on my toes to kiss Gerard.

I pull away and fold the paper back, placing it in the pocket in my dress and slipping inside the car. On the way home, I end up falling asleep.

When I wake up, I'm in bed next to Gerard. I'm dressed in a large T shirt. I grin and snuggle against Gerard, falling back to sleep.