Chapter Ten: Why?

We wake up that morning excited to go home. All of us. Back to Belleville, New Jersey. Our stuff is repacked and most is washed. We're in the aiport, ready to fly home back to America for a 5 day break from tour.

All of the guys minus Frank went to get breakfast. I ask Gerard for just a Starbucks Vanilla Latte, and no food. Though I think he'll get me something to eat. He's just caring like that. Frank takes nervous glances towards me from time to time. After a while, he sighs and leans forward.

"Elysia, can I ask you something?" He asks me.

I look up at him and slowly nod.

"Why do love Gerard, and not me?" Frank bites his lip and stares at me intently.

I sit back and search for the right words to start with. "I love Gerard because he cares about me. He's always with me, always holding me. Never letting go. When I need space, I know he'll give it to me. He won't treat me like a child. He'll understand my choices. He listens. He gives advice. He loves me. He gives me butterflies in my stomach when we kiss. He just makes me feel happy inside. And he takes away my pain, and makes me forget my past. I just love him."

Frank nods and looks down. I hear someone clear their throat and I look behind me, expecting a fan. But it's Gerard with my Starbucks and a cinnamon roll. I smile up at him, and he returns it. He goes around and quickly sits next to me. Gerard pulls me into a hug and smiles a huge smile. I crash my lips against his, not caring about the fact we're in public.

"I love you too, Elysia. I really do." Gerard whispers in my ear.

I smile and giggle slightly. I hear a couple snaps of cameras and turn to look at some papparazzi standing in front of us. Gerard wraps an arm around me and presses his cheek against mine. We both smile at the people taking various pictures. I beckon Frank to be in the pictures, and he smiles and does so.

Then the other guys show up and we all take group pictures. And then one picture of Gerard and I kissing, and another of us looking into each other's eyes.

One man comes up to us and shakes each of our hands. "Hello, I'm Joe from Kerrang!. I just want a picture of the lovely couple and some words from Gerard, if you don't mind." He says with a British accent.

Gerard and I nod and stand up. We get close and smile for the picture. Then Joe comes up to us and Gerard doesn't hesitate to say,

"I've never known love until I met Elysia. She's the one person that filled that hole in my heart. I love her, forever and always." He smiles at me when he says this.

I reach up on my toes and kiss his cheek. I see him blush slightly and we both walk back to the waiting area. I hear the French lady announce our flight to Ireland, then the states. We grab our carry ons and walk towards the gate.

We're going home.