Welcome to the Black Parade

Prologue

It was Friday night. My dad's somewhere around the neighborhood, possibly drunk. I wouldn't be so surprised. I finish putting on eyeliner over my big brown eyes. I look myself over in my full length mirror hung on the wall of My Chemical Romance pictures. Perfect attire for a concert; Black Revenge MCR shirt, black and white split leg jeans, a mock Black Parade jacket, and long combat boots. 

I walk to my dresser and pick up my wallet and pit pass. It took me so long just to come up with the money for this, and I'm not about to let anything ruin it. I run out of my messy house. The floors are cluttered with wrappers and beer bottles and cans. I look into the sunset and smile to myself. This is a me night.

I get into the only car in our driveway, a old black Toyota. I turn the ignition and pull out of the driveway. The cul-de-sac is quiet tonight. Oh well. As I drive out of the neighborhood, I go over the night in my mind. I'm gonna get a shirt from the merch tent, buy a water bottle, and take my spot. I'll try to position myself in front of Frank's mic. If I do, I could give him the note in my front pocket.

It grows dark as I get towards the venue. I'm only 2 hours early. And it's 6. I park in a close parking spot and run to the line. I'm right behind a girl with blonde hair and the same shirt I'm wearing. She turns around to look at me and smiles. "I can't wait!" She says.

Ah, the MCRmy. No matter what, we're all nice to each other. We're all family. I nod and smile big. She's pretty tall. I've always been so short. I think I got it from my mom. I'm pretty sure I didn't get it from my 6 foot tall dad. But, I'm proud of it. I'm the only 19 year old to be shorter than Frank Iero. So I've heard.

2 hours later, we're let in passed the gates. I run towards the merch tent and slam money on the counter. I peer past the people and at the shirts. I open my mouth and point to one. "I want that one!"

The lady grabs a shirt and throws it at me. I give her the money and leave. It has Vampire teeth on the front with My Chemical Romance in the middle, and on the back it says 'Wreckage We Rise'. I smile and hug it to myself. I buy the water bottle at a concession stand and go to the people to take my spot.

The lady checks my pit pass and nods. "Go towards the left and pick a spot." She directs me.

I nod and follow her orders. I find Frank's mic and position myself right in front of it. I look at the security guard and get his attention. "Can I rest my arms on the stage?" I ask, just to make sure.

He nods. I smile and rest my arms on it. Other people older and younger than me gather around. Another girl with black and red hair stands next to me and marvels at the set up. "This is Frank's mic?" She asks.

I nod. She smiles and squeals. "I'm so excited to see all of them!" 

"Me too!" I match her hype and squeal. We fangirl a little bit about the guys. Her favorite is Mikey, but since he moves all around the stage, she goes for Frank. I'm a little surprised that she didn't go for Ray. He literally never moves. But, you know. You gotta do watcha gotta do.

The lights go out, and I hear screams. I scream from excitement. I hear the beeps of a heart monitor, and a single light is shown. I follow it to the back of the theater. I see a  hospital bed floating above us all. And then, a bedridden Gerard in it. He sings 'The End' as he floats towards the stage. I marvel at him and excitement just explodes. I scream at the top of my lungs. I'm pretty sure I ruined someone's video, but who cares. Gerard fucking Way!

The music gets loud, and suddenly everyone appears. Frank is in front of me, jamming out to 'Dead!'. I scream and look at him and only him. He's playing with all of his being. He whole body moves with each note. He jumps, turns, dances, and even moans at points. I laugh at those parts.

Once the song is over, he looks up and sees me. I freeze in my spot. He gives me a wink and starts the next song. Did that just happen? Did Frank really wink at me? SERIOUSLY???

The concert is almost over. It's a little break where Gerard's talking and Frank is hanging out. I build up my courage and get his attention. He looks at me and smiles. "Watcha need?" He asks, his voice a little gruff.

I fish for the note in my pocket. I thrust it out in front of him and smile. "This is for you!" I yell.

He takes it from my hands and smiles. "Thank you!"

I nod and go back to listening to Gerard. He stopped talking and looked between Frank and I. No one notices, though. He starts singing Famous Last Words. I sing every word, my heart pouring out the lyrics I know all too well. This song helps me when I need it. It's my therapy song.

The concert's done. All of the guys wave and exit the stage. I leave the place myself, and walk dazily to my car. I look both ways before crossing the street and start running across. As I run, I get tackled to the ground.

I hit my head hard on the pavement. Then, I'm being hit again and again. Then kicked. Then when it's over, I get spit at and hear a faint voice say 'emo bastard'. I fade out soon, but I feel myself being lifted up. Where am I going?

When I fully black out, the last thing I remember is a flash of a Black Parade uniform.