Chapter Twenty Three: How it should be

I stare at Frank with my mouth slightly open. Did I hear that correctly? Tell me I didn't, because I don't want to.

"What?" I ask, shaking my head.

"I still love you, Elysia." Frank repeats.

"No you don't. You can't. You're just... Just..."

"In love with you." Frank comes to my side of the car and stands over me. "I love you. I don't give a shit about what you or Gerard says. I fucking love you. I've loved you ever since I saved you at the concert."

I shake my head. "No."

"Get in the passengers seat. We'll go somewhere private." Frank orders. I do what he says and get into the seat. Frank gets into the drivers seat and drives off towards the side of town I live in. He takes a different turn, onto the area where he lives. We finally arrive at Frank's house 2 minutes later.

Once we're in, Frank takes me by the waist and pulls me close. I don't protest. I look up into Frank's big hazel eyes and lick my lips. He smiles as he leans down to press his lips against mine. I move my lips against Frank's, and move my arms to his face. One in his hair, the other on his cheek. We part lips and reconnect.

Frank pulls away and smiles big. I smile back and pull him close to me for a hug. I feel Frank's arms tighten around my waist and him lift me up and spin me around. I laugh. I'm happy, I'm happy.

"What happened to 'You can't love me'?" Frank asks me.

I shake my head. "Public." I respond.

"So you do love me?"

I nod. Frank smiles again and crashes his lips against mine. I smile and kiss him back.

This is how it should be. THis is how it will be.