Chapter 5-Draco's Story

Draco's POV

I took a deep breathe. I wasn't ready to talk about this but it would have to come out sometime. "When we found out that Potter was still alive, my mother, father, and I escaped. We disapperated back home. When the battle was over,all the Death Eaters came to our house." I said steadly. I looked up at Hermione, she had worried look on her face. Wewere still on patrol, and we were still walking, but everything felt still.

I contiued,"They blamed my father since he was always a 'loyal' Death Eater and he betrayed them. They called him a traitor. They started to attack him, especially Greyback. He was furious with my father. Tried to bit him too, but father fought back." We were do e with patols and we headed back to the common room.

"When they were finally done with him, they left." I took another deep breathe. "A few weeks later we found out that all of the Death Eaters had been sent to Askaban, except my father. The Ministry thought that he should have a trial before he was sent to Askaban since he was the only one that left." Hermione had a scared look on her face. For me or for her thought?

"Anyway, when the day of the trial came, he was pleaded not guilty. After that, that's when all the change happened. My father and I were no longer Death Eaters. It was a long process, but we got there. My family and I apoligized to all of the Wizarding World. We no longer care about blood status." I paused for a moment confused. "Wait, you should know that. When we apoligized, it was published in the Daily Prophet," I said.

"Oh, well, over the past few years I've beenwith my parents. You know in the Muggle world, trying to revive their memories. So I didn't get the Daily Prophet.

"Ok. But anyway, my mother is now working at the Ministry of Magic."

"Oh that's great Draco!"

"Yeah, we're not on a first-name basis"

"What about your father?"

"Well he's working at the Ministry too. Everything is better now, but he still doesn't talk to me at home. He stilldidn't forgive for kind of talking your side at the end of the war. At home, it's like a ghost town. Mother takes care of him most of the time. He's still a little unstable. I'm usually locked up in my room and the only time I see them is at dinner."

**********

So I know I promised that this chapter would be up yesterday (Saturday), but I thought that it was Friday. :P To make up for it, I will post another chapter either today or tomorrow!

Follow, comment, vote, etc.

~Brianne