Chapter 17-Finally

Draco's POV

I wake up with a feeling I haven't felt in a long time. Happiness. I can't believe that Hermione and I kissed last night. I know that she kissed me once before, but I feel like this time is different. I feel like this time it was more real, do you know what I mean?

Hermione's POV

Wow, I can't believe I kissed Draco, again! He's just such a sweet guy now. The last time I kissed him I feel like it was just because of the moment, but this time he knew how I felt about him and I knew how he felt about me. This time it was more real. Actually, now that I think about it, this is the second tine that Draco protected me from Ron. He really does care about me. But I still don't know what we are. I walk out of my room and go to the common room. I see Draco sitting on the couch reading a book. "What are you reading?" I ask

"Pride and Prejudice," he says.

"Wow Draco Malfoy reading a muggle book?! And not only that but a classic! I'm impressed," I say sarcastically as I sit down next to him. We both laugh.

As the laughter dies down it gets kind of awkward, but I break the silence. "Draco what are we?"

He seems a little taken back about my question but answers, "I-I don't know. W-What do you want to be?" he asks nervously. He lowers his head and looks at the floor.

"I want to be more than friends..." I say. Even though I cant see his face I know that he's smirking.

"Like best friends?! The bestest friends in the whole wide world?!" he says over dramatically as he smiles. I can't help but laugh.

"No but seriously Draco," I tell him as I stop laughing.

He turns to me and grabs my hands. he looks at me and says, "Hermione you know how I feel about you. But are you ready for a new relationship already? Even if you aren't, I'll wait for you." I look him in the eyes and tell him, "I'm ready for a new relationship."

"Well then," he says as he gets down on one knee with a smile. "Will you, Hermione Granger, be my girlfriend?"

"It would be an honor," I say with the goofiest grin on my face. He sits back on the couch and kisses me. His kisses are different from Ron's. When I kiss Ron, it doesn't feel right. It feels plain. When I kiss Draco, it's full of passion. As I'm kissing him, right then and there, I realize one thing-I just fell in love. Finally.

Draco's POV

Hermione Granger is my girlfriend. Now that's something I never thought I'd say. I can't help but feel something I haven't felt in a while, love. I am in love with Hermione Granger. Finally.

**********

Yay I updated!!!!!! I'm starting to get new ideas for this book but I thought I would give you this short little chapter for the meantime!! I really hope you like it!

Love you all!

Follow,vote,comment,etc.

~Brianne