A rose within concrete

Ty's POV

"Come on man. We still gotta meet the guys. You take longer than a girl to get ready" Rocky whined. We've been friends since we were kids and that's the only reason I would let him talk to me like that. My dad and his grew up together and when my mum died in the summer he decided I should move here. He has lived here all of his life. We are living with his new girlfriend and her children. Kasim is 3 and Aaliyah is 2. They are so cute. I do miss my friends back in London but at least I know someone here.

I spent a lot of weekends at Rockys house because my dad is kind of a player. he used to go out all the time I was here, drinking with his mates. I don't think he will ever grow up. He's a pretty fun guy to be around really and at least I can get away with stuff. This place is a dump though. We're living on a council estate that's miles away from school which means I have to get up earlier than I'm used to and get the bus.

I sigh, throw on my hoody and go to see what this town has to offer. When we arrive at the field where we are supposed to meet the guys they still haven't arrived. I shoot Rocky a dirty look and lean on the benches prepared for a long ass wait.

Somewhere in the distance I hear laughter. Laughter makes me want to smile, it really was that infectious. The laughter approaches closer and I stand up.

"Get ready to meet her" Rocky says with raised eyebrows still looking in the direction of the noises. I look at him quizzically, unsure of what he means.

Then I catch a glimpse. She's an angel. She has big almond shaped eyes and a cute button nose. Her hair is long, almost waist length and is a browny gold colour with flecks of blond. Her body will drive me to insanity, I'm sure of it. Shes about 5'7" and 120lbs with curves in all the right places and cleavage that is utterly distracting.  She approaches us and talks to Rocky, I couldn't hear what she said but the sound of her voice is even better than her laughter. I could listen to her all day. She was looking at me.

Oh shit! I was staring. I gave her a smirk to show that I wasn't completely incapable of interaction and to try and retain some of my dignity after my earlier staring. She curved her lips a little into an almost smile and kept on walking. I'm not ashamed to say I did discover that the view from the back is as good as the view from the front.

"Who the hell was that?" I said.

Rocky grinned at me. "That was Robin"

"Do you know her?"

Another grin. "As well as anybody I guess. She pretty much keeps to herself. Don't worry man she has that effect on everyone. It's the fact she never notices the attention that has everybody hooked. She's totally down to earth. You'll see at school tomorrow"

Wow!! "She goes to our school?"

"Yep and we'll be sat next to her in Maths."

"Seriously. Does she talk to you?"

"Yep. Never in my life have I been so grateful to suck at maths. Honestly man, after tomorrow when you actually meet her you will love her as much as everybody else."

"Apart from how she looks, what makes her so amazing?" I say trying to work out how everybody can love one girl that apparently nobody really knows, it was an odd thing.

"Oh dude, you will see" He says with a knowing look.

My heart is beating in anticipation. I cannot wait to find out. I have a feeling that i'm going to love being terrible at maths.

I had a restless nights sleep and got up for school the next morning. As usual i'm the only one up. I run to the bus stop and try to find the school. When I get there Rocky is waiting for me. We would travel together but he lives in the posh part of town so its easier just to arrive separately. There were small groups of people everywhere chatting and I followed Rocky as he introduced me to a bunch of guys. There was Lee, Robert (who everybody calls egghead for obvious reason), Dale, Aaron and Ben.

"Ty, these are the guys. Well some of them anyway. the rest probably won't turn up today. Guys this is Ty a good friend of mine. He just moved here."

I exchanged smiles and hellos. From what I could tell they seemed like a good bunch of guys. Suddenly It wen't quiet and they all looked at the same spot where Robin had just gotten out a car and was going over to a slim girl with glasses. They liked arms and walked towards us as we were in front of the school. Her friend said something and Robin looked up. Her eyes caught with mine and as I looked I realised we were all still staring, she didn't seem to notice that there were groups of guys staring at her. She looked every bit as good as she did last night. She looked me up and down and I couldn't help a smirk as I realised that out of all these guys she was checking me out. I wanted to jump and punch the air but I held back thinking it probably wouldn't be a good first impression for the new guy.

She was walking over. My heartbeat sped up and I could hardly breath. As she walked over I got the delicious smell of apples. It smelled so fresh. It just became my new favourite smell. She spoke to Rocky, all the time looking at me. I couldn't hear what they were saying it was like I was in a trance. Then I heard her musical laughter and snapped out of it. I wanted to talk to her but what could I say.

She made it easy for me.

"Hey, I'm Robin. Are you new here?" She flushed and I smirked again. She seemed so shy. It was cute. Very cute. I already liked her even more.

"Yeah. I moved here from London a few days ago. I'm Tyler. but you can call me Ty." I said. trying to make my voice sexy. She smiled at me and before I had chance to think about it I was smiling back. She had one of those smiles that was infectious. Everything I find out about her just made me like her more and we haven't even had a proper conversation yet!!

"So do you live near me then?" she asked. AHA! There is something I already have over these posh boys! Maybe the place isn't so much of a dump after all.

Rocky pulled at my arm signalling it was time to go. I had to meet with the headteacher yet and that was a prospect I didn't relish. I had pretty bad reports from my old school. Nothing worth expelling me for but a few suspensions and such.

"Yeah. My dad and I just moved there. Anyway I better go, don't wanna be late on my first day" I was unable to keep the disappointment out of my voice. I took one last look then turned and walked away.

As I was making my way to my first class someone grabbed my arm. I turned around hoping it would be her and disappointment hit when I realised it was just a blond girl.

"Sorry I'm gonna be late" I said. She scowled. Way to be attractive I thought. I moved to walk away.

"Wait I'm Bonnie. I just wanted to introduce myself and maybe help you get better acquainted" she said catching me up and running her finger down my chest. I watched with a smirk wondering how far she would go. She stopped at the waistband of my pants.

"Sorry, I'm not into sluts" I said flatly. She had an incredulous expression on her face and after a second of shock turned and flounced away. I had a sudden urge to look round and there was Robin stifling a giggle. I smiled at her and went into my class.

I think i'm going to like this school.