My knight in shining shorts

It will stick in my head forever. The first time I ever saw him. The day that my whole life changed.

It was a regular night, just like any other. Me and my best friend Amy had been to watch a movie and were heading home. We were walking as we weren't quite old enough to drive yet, I always think it's strange that in England you are old enough to work before you were old enough to drive. I'm not a big fan of walking especially at night.

Amy didn't live near me so the plan was to walk back to mine and then get her dad to pick her up later. The walk from the cinema was pretty scary and Amy was trying to make me laugh so I didn't get too freaked out. I was always the most scared one of us. I hated horror movies and she had a passion for them. In fact there weren't very many similarities between us. I was shorter than she was and had long dark hair, she wore glasses and had short dirty blonde hair, I was a lover of action movies and as you already know she loves horror, she was very slim and I had curves, she was shy and although i'm easily embarrassed i'm pretty outgoing. Somehow though, despite all this, we made good friends.

So while I was giggling loudly I got distracted by two men stood on the dark field we have to cross to get too my house. Now in hindsight I can tell you they were guys, at the time I had no idea if they were men, women or aliens just that I had probably alerted them to our presence by giggling. However Amy held my hand reassuringly as we walked past them. Anybody who has ever walked home on a dark night can tell you that its pretty nerveracking having to walk past people, you just have to hope they don't say or do anything.

 As we got closer I realised, with great relief, that they were our age and that I knew one of them from school, Rocky. In fact I would consider him a friend. Not quite sure if he would feel the same way, but we have loads in common and sit together in Maths three times a week. I've never been very good at Maths and we usually just goof around.

Stood with him was a guy I didn't recognise but as I got close enough to make out his features I found that I was hypnotised. He had chocolate eyes, perfectly placed features and short dark hair. He was around 5'10" with broad shoulders and I would bet my life he had an awesome body under the t-shirt and sweat pants he was wearing. He was utterly gorgeous. I'm never usually very interested in boys but it was impossible not to be drawn to this one, he was like something out of heat magazine, without the airbrushing.

I realised that I was staring at the stranger and tried to avert my eyes. I muttered a hello and kept walking, careful not to look at him in case I should find myself hypnotised again.

When we were far enough away Amy looked at me.

"How hot was he?" She exclaimed.

"He was alright I guess" I said, shrugging. Not wanting to seem to eager.

 "Alright, C'mon even you were staring! He was hot as hell!" She began giggling. "And he was staring at you" She finished.

" Was not" I muttered but my heartrate picked up just a little.

 "He was and you would have noticed if you weren't ogling" I blushed and she grinned proudly knowing she had won.

I thought back to it later as I was climbing into bed, after Amy had gone home. Never before have I been affected this way by a boy. Why was he different? I mean sure he is attractive but surely I have seen attractive people before. Unfortunately I couldn't think of anyone quite up to his standard right now. I couldn't help but wonder why have I never seen him before? If I had I would have surely remembered. Surely a guy that hot can't just appear from nowhere.

As I cleared my mind and drifted off to sleep, I saw his eyes in my dreams, even the memory of them was hypnotising.

I woke up feeling refereshed and pretty glad that it was a Wednesday and my step-dad was still at work. He did a few extra hours on a Wednesday morning. My mum had crumpets ready for breakfast (which surprised me, although I guess it was a good omen for the day) and she drove me to school. As much as I love her we aren't that close. She's always stressed out and complaining about everything. We all just wander along with our separate lives. She used to be slim and pretty. She left work a few years ago and hasn't returned since. There were a lot of allegations that she had taken money. She says she didn't though. I guess you can make up your own mind. I have. Anyway since then she has kind of given up. She just wears the same clothes almost every day and doesn't bother to brush her hair. Gross I know. Usually shes to out of it to notice though.

I walked into school, excited to be there, not because I like school, just beacuse it's better than home. I met Amy. I smiled at her and linked her arm as we walked. She was nattering on about school and such. I was off in a daydream but she didn't notice, I just made sure to nod my head every few minutes, she was content with that. Suddenly she stopped talking and it sounded like she had just ran out of steam mid-sentence. trying ot to laugh I turned to her.

"Whats up with you?" I asked.

"Look over there!!" She whisper yelled at me.

I followed he gaze and my breath caught, my heart sped up and whilst I was staring he looked up and met my eyes. He smirked. He definitely knew how gorgeous he was. I mean how cocky can one guy be? I saw Rocky and knew I had my opening, I wanted to find out this guys name, so that my daydreams could have a lead male.

Now in hindsight I should have known that any guy that has you dreaming of him before you even meet him is going to be trouble but I was young and careless with my heart...

I walked over trying to look confident. I smiled at Rocky and he smiled back. We have always got on well. it was a mutual love of rap music that did it. Eminem was our mutual obsession. I love it, I could recite every song word for word.

"Hey" I said trying to act casual. I was struggling to breath and my heart was beating out of my chest. I was almost frozen in fear, I never got like this over guys. What was wrong with me? Get a grip!

"Hey Robin, Hows it going?" Rocky said.

"Fine. You?" I replied.

"Yeah not so bad, better if I could have stayed in bed" He said with a grin.

I laughed. A nervous laugh. Oh God I thought I sounded like a strangled cat. I smiled to make up for it.

I looked over pointedly at the god with no name and he smiled. Not a smirk this time more of a grin. It was sexier than all the other smiles. If that was even possible.

Suck it up I told myself.

"Hey, i'm Robin. Are you new here?" I started to blush just from speaking to him. He must think i'm such an idiot.

He smirked again. Its becoming a trademark and it made me feel like a dithering idiot, falling at his feet like all the other girls in school surely were or would be.

"Yeah. I moved here from London a few days ago. I'm Tyler, but you can call me Ty."

I smiled at him and he smiled back. Not a grin or smirk  this time, but a full smile and I thought I might faint, his lips and teeth were perfect.

"So do you live near me then?" I asked because I live quite far from school, It was strange that they had been near my house last night considering it is not the nicest of areas.

 Its a school in a nice area with people that always wear expensive brands and I live on a council estate on the other side of town. I dont mind though, I like living somewhere that has character. Where people are used to hard work and hard lives. To me those people are worthwhile, they work hard for everything they have.

"Yeah. My dad and I just moved there. Anyway I better go, don't wanna be late on my first day" He didn't really look like he wanted to go and that made me happy. Although maybe he just didn't wan't to go to school. He walked away slowly.

I felt someone grab my arm and looked at Amy. I completely forgot about her.

"I'm sorry hun, guess I kinda flaked huh?" I tried to look sheepish.

She gave me a knowing smile.

"Whats he called? Doe's he come to school here now? How much do you like him? The bitch squad were having a hissy fit that you met him first." She said, even more excited than me!

I laughed and we talked until the bell went and we made our way inside.

___________________________________________________________________________

Please vote and comment :) ive never written before and any feedback is appreciated. I love reading and thought id see if i have what it takes. Theres plenty of twists too come. I was gunna do chapter 2 as his POV on when they met.

im not sure ill carry on if nobody reads it or likes it. Please just let me know what you think.