Chapter 14: The Second Vision

Chapter 14

When the night was over, I tried to get Logan and Fate to hurry, but Fate, in an attempt to get me to talk to Derek, volunteered herself and Logan to help clean up afterwards.

I was going to wait, but Nicole offered me a ride, which I took her up on, much to Fate’s dismay.

Unfortunately, we were walking out to her car when we were stopped by none other than Derek.

Nicole seemed to think there was something going on between us, and we had to work out a fight or something, because she nodded, and said she would wait in her car for me.

I wished she hadn’t, because when she was out of earshot, Derek just continued asking about earlier.

“You’re psychic, right?  Because if you’re not, then you really gave me the wrong impression back there.”

I sighed in defeat.  “I don’t suppose there’s a way I could convince you otherwise, is there?”

He shook his head.  “Not really.”

I looked around.  There were too many people filing out of the building, getting in their cars, so I whispered, “I can’t talk about this right now.  Come over to my house tomorrow and I’ll explain.”

I gave him the address, and hoped he’d remember.  Then, I turned and joined Nicole in her car.

“So, what was that about,” she questioned when I sat down in shotgun.

“Um, he asked me a question,” I said evasively.

“Seriously?  You gotta give me a little more.”

“Um, he asked me about the party.”  I hoped she wouldn’t elaborate, and luckily she didn’t.

“Oh.  So I love your dress!  Where’d you get it?”

“Um,” I said, mentally thanking her for changing the subject, “Pennies, I think.”

“Nice!  Did Fate get hers there, too?”

“Yup,” I said, popping the p.

“Nice.”

“What about you?  Yours was the best there,” I exaggerated.  I mean, it was nice, but obviously mine was better.

“Thanks.  Um, that boutique, Silias.”

“Oh, I haven’t been there.”

“It’s kinda expensive.”

“Oh.”

And the car ride was kind of quiet.  She spoke, and I replied, I spoke and she replied.  That sort of thing.  Finally we got to my house and I thanked her before closing the door.

I got to the door, opened it, and waved goodbye to her before running in, turning on a light.  I hated being home alone.  It’s always so creepy, and I feel like there’s a creeper in the house, waiting for me to get home so he can jump out and stab me.

But luckily, there was no such creeper.  Lisa was passed out on the couch, meaning she got home late and was too tired to make it to bed.

I walked past quietly and went to my room, and undressed, carefully setting my dress in the laundry hamper, and slipping on some pajamas, and then going to the bathroom to wipe off the extra makeup.

I was about to go back to my room when Fate opened the door and I heard voices talking quietly.

“Thanks.  That was really fun,” she said to who I assumed was Logan.