18: I'm So Proud Of You

UPDATE: Oct31, 2017, 12:50pm;

on the sixteenth of September, 2017 at 16:35 pm, my dad passed away in hospital, holding my hand, after enduring a cardiac arrest, respiratory failure and brain death. It was by far the most agonising thing I have, and will ever, see and experience.

I want to dedicate this book to my father, as it is about the reuniting of a deceased father and living daughter, I have vaguely focused on their strained relationship, and I believe that I have shown the tension they share. This mirrors my relationship with my father. Before his passing, we had not spoken for a painful three and a half years. Well, and counting, now. We, unfortunately, were still not speaking at the time of his cardiac arrest, and as he fell into a coma, we still have not spoken.

Another reason that this is dedicated to him is because right at the end, all problems were solved. they had forgiven each other. the animosity, tension and negativity was still there, and it would never have gone or been resolved. that animosity, tension and negativity is permanent. unwavering. but at that final moment, that final few seconds, they were daddy and daughter again. the love had returned. there was no hate, no sadness, no animosity, no tension and certainly no negativity. they were there for each other. They were normal again. they finally had each other back.

sadly, I will never have my dad back. Skulduggery, by Derek Landy is reflective to my dad. this is why I chose the characters and plot of the book to be themed from one of Landy's amazing books.  I hope you enjoy this final chapter, and I hope you all enjoyed this book, even though I'm convinced that its shit.

They were all dead.

Every Necromancer she'd sent to help her father. They were all dead. But at least her father was alive. She'd better not be scolded by her father for this. If it wasn't for her necromantic distractions, Baron would still be alive, providing the Faceless Ones hadn't destroyed the world by now. That was impossible.

She walked towards her father's bed and sat next to him. She still found it weird to look at her father and not see his face, but a bare skull instead. At least the high cheekbones were there as a memory. And his velvet voice, and those narcissistic, self-empowering comments. Yep. Thats definitely her father. She smiled at the thought. He turned his head. "What were you thinking when you sent those Necromancers to die?" He asked, shame in his voice.

I sighed. "That they shouldn't of wronged me in the first place. And that I cant lose you again."

"Stop acting like I'm actually ashamed of you, it's depressing. I don't care that you cost them their lives. Their magic is death magic. They should be having a field day." He said. I laughed.

"You wouldn't let me join in the fun. I had to do something." I said.

"You've made me so proud." My father told me. I hugged him.

<~><~><~><~>

Well, that's the end of 'October'.
I'm 100% sure that this whole fanfic is shit.
I'm ashamed and if I end up publishing this please send me to the psych ward because I would never publish something so terrible.