14: Having Nothing To Do With It.

October was a powerful sorcerer. She always had been. She had a reputation, almost like Skulduggery's. China feared October. No one could blame her. China had lead October's mother to her death. October Pleasant knew who China Sorrows was. But Skulduggery Pleasant? He did not. Skulduggery Pleasant did not know that China had lead his beloved wife to her death. China Sorrows feared what the remaining Pleasants would do to her if Skulduggery found out what really happened. China had some information about Solomon Wreath. Skulduggery had secretly asked China to find out more about their relationship. He still was enraged about it. Wreath and October's relationship made him hate Necromancers more. Valkyrie liked Wreath, though. She could call him a friend. Valkyrie knew to stay silent when he was like this.

Skulduggery lazily and effortlessly parked the bentley and they entered the tenement building. Skulduggery walked up the stairs gracefully, without wavering or wobbling or stumbling or slipping. Valkyrie rushed to stay near him. He wanted to know now.

China didn't tell him much because there wasn't much to tell, apart from a certain fool trying to kill Wreath and October. This idiot, named after a bird, not very bright either. October was enraged that her best friend - former best friend - was planning to kill her. But she was even more angry that her father had went to China Sorrows.

"What the hell?!" She screamed.

"What?" Her father asks puzzled, for once.

"Why did you go to her?!" October screeched.

"Her, who?" Her clueless father asks.

"Sorrows. She got mum killed, you fool!"

"Wha-"

"-No. I'm talking. Sorrows was in the Diablerie. Sorrows went after mum, fought her. Murder Rose came after me and my reflection." October said quieter, but angrily.

"China Sorrows got mum killed and me taken away for experiments."

Skulduggery felt his nonexistent heart break. He wasn't heartbroken because of China doing what she did, but more for forgiving her for her sins, when he never knew the worst of them. He felt like such a stupid man. He sat down silently. He held his head in such a way, everyone knew to be quiet. Dexter and Saracen came in

"Hey-" October whipped her head towards Dexter and put her finger to her lips. He silenced himself. Saracen gave her a knowing nod. He knew what happened. He knew things. October stood and walked to Dexter, kissing his cheek softly while Saracen replaces October in the place she was stood when he and Dexter came in. Dexter and October leave without a word.

They left the Hibernian and only then did they speak. "What happened?" Dexter asked.

"He knows who put me in that hell and who brought mother to her death." She said.

"What?"

"Sorrows." October hisses. Dexter raises his hands in mock surrender. "Sorry." She said quietly.

"Its fine. Its a sensitive subject." He says. She smiles sadly. "Where are we going?" He asks.

"I didn't tell you?" He shakes his head. "Oh, well, I think its about time we visit Mr. Bliss."

"He's in the sanctuary. We'll never get out alive. Guild hates Skulduggery and Valkyrie, and we're on their side."

"I've been gone for a few hundred years, I have nothing to do with whatever feud Thurid and father have in between them." She says.

"The administrator won't let us in without an appointment." Dexter protests.

"Too bad for him. I have all these new powers I've recently discovered and he could only try to beat me." She said.

Dexter went to say something but was interrupted by October. "Shush. I'm still talking. And before you go and say that Im not the only one to get more powerful over the years, I know. But I don't see why they'd attack us for something that father and Valkyrie did." Dexter had to agree to that.

They got into Dexter's black Audi R8 and drove to where that Sanctuary was, in an old wax museum. They exited the flashy car and October put on her long black robe. She didn't want anyone to recognise her. Yet, anyway. They walked slowly and silently into the wax museum through the back door and made their way to the sculpture of Phil Lynott, singer of Thin Lizzy. Dexter felt along the wall until he found it. He pressed his hand down and they walked down the bright corridor.

The administrator welcomed them. "The Grand Mage doesn't want you here, Vex. You've sided with the skeleton, and for all I know, that could be Miss Cain." He says nasally.