6: Car Pride

Anton approaches October and they hug each other. His strong arms covering her tiny frame. She hugs him tightly and buries her head into his neck.

"I've missed you, Uncle Anton." She says.

"I've missed you to, Champ." He says softly and kisses her cheek. They hug each other a little tighter, a simple squeeze, and they let go. Erskine Ravel soon taking Shudder's place.

"I've missed you, Bean." Ravel says hugging October. Each Dead Man had a nickname for her. Whether it be nice or a joking one, she loved each one.

"Missed you too, Dweeb." She giggles her soft giggle.

"Shut up." He laughs.

"Make me." She joke-challenged. Ravel playfully pushed her and then hugged her again.

"It's good to have you back, Bean." He whispers.

"It feels good." She replies.

Next she hugs Saracen. "Hello Mister Know-It-All. I have missed you." Her nickname was that because of his power. 'I just know things' he had said.

"I've missed you too, Hobbit." He smiles and they hug.

"I'm not that short."

"You've grown, Munchkin." He says.

"About damn time." She laughs.

Next to greet her is Ghastly. "I missed you so much, Weirdo."

"Ah, the most accurate nickname, also my favourite one. I've missed you so much, Uncle Ghastly." October and Ghastly hug each other tightly. They share a few other words and they separate.

The last Dead Man left for October to reunite with was Dexter. He strode to her but no words and no hug were shared. They just started at each other for the longest time.

Dexter could feel his heart beating strongly and quickly. He wanted to tell her how much he had missed her, how much he longed for her, how much he craved her everyday- to this day. He wanted to shower her in love and hugs and kisses. He could feel his blood pumping in his temples.

He wanted to tell her that he loved her.

October looked at the attractive man stood in front of her. She admired the view. She ached to show him her love and admiration towards him. She ached to be in his muscled, strong, protective, warm arms. She ached for his love. She ached for him. She wanted, needed, craved him.

She wanted to confess her love for him.

"I've missed you so damn much." She whispered and they break out of the little staring thing they has going and the hug each other forcefully, but lovingly. They hug each other tightly, unable to get enough if each other.

Dexter replies, "I've missed you too, October." She kisses his cheek and he kisses her forehead.

"It's been too long." He whispers and she agrees.

They break apart and Saracen smirks at them knowingly. Skulduggery tilts his head in that way of his, expressing his confusion. Ravel and Ghastly also smirk alongside Saracen. Only Anton speaks.

"If you two are together," he says to Dexter, "and you break her heart, I will not hesitate to release my gist onto you. She's been through enough as it is."

"You and I both know that I would never do such a thing." Dexter replies. "And who said we're together?"

"It's obvious that you'll end up together." Valkyrie said, "And I barely know October whatsoever. All cheesy things and clichés aside."

Dexter and October's cheeks flush pink. "Whatever." Says October.

October felt content. She was finally out of those restraints and away from anyone that wished to hurt her. She wondered about her dad's car though. All she knew about it was that its called a car. And that she had found out earlier, thanks to Tanith. She wanted to ask about his car. It's beautiful.

"Dad? What is your car thing?" She asked. Ghastly face-palmed and sighed and Valkyrie muttered, 'that was the biggest mistake of your life'.

Skulduggery would have grinned if he could. "It's called a 1954 Bentley R-Type Continental, one of only 208 ever made. A car that housed s six cylinder, 4.5 litre engine and was retrofitted with central locking, climate control, satellite navigation and a host of other modern conveniences." He says proudly and October finally understands Ghastly and Valkyrie's reactions.

"You take pride in it don't you?" October grins.

"Yes I do. Got a problem?" He says sarcastically.

"You better treat me better than you treat that car though." She jokingly threats.

"I'd crash it if it meant saving your life. But any broken bones? Nope."

"That car is his favourite thing, I swear." Valkyrie says.

"That, it probably is." I reply to her.