5: Long Lost Neice

While Valkyrie was out and October was in the shower, Tanith dropped by to see how everyone was. Also, she wanted her coat back.

She walked into the old cinema and through the musty, red curtains, through the well-lit corridor to the room where everyone usually was. Only Skulduggery was there. He didn't look up when Tanith entered.

"Have you told Ghastly about your daughter?" She asked. He looked up.

"No. I probably should though, Ghastly and Anton were the only Dead Men she ever called her uncles. I'll tell them first." He replied taking out his phone.

"What about Dexter, Saracen, Ravel and Hopeless?" Tanith wondered.

"They were like best friends to her. She and Dexter were with each other a lot. He taught her energy-throwing, I actually thought they were together. I didn't mind though. As long as they weren't doing anything... mature. Saracen and October were like brother and sister. They used to mess with each other all of the time. Almost got themselves killed once or twice." Skulduggery chuckled, "Ravel teased her, all of the time. But the comebacks she had... he had no point in trying, after all, her sarcasm comes from the best: me. Hopeless was like her therapist, she'd go to him first. She always said that he had a serenity like no other, and she needed that in her life, especially being around everyone else. She always had said that he brought sanity and normality to her. No magic, no good and evil, just quiet and nature. They'd be in the woods for hours on end. Hopeless was her escape from the world... and now, thinking of it, I don't think that she was as happy as everyone thought she was."

Tanith sensed that Skulduggery felt bad. It was fairly obvious. She didn't know what to say. It broke Tanith's heart to see him so sad, even if the only physical evidence was the way his shoulders slightly slumped.

He soon perked up and typed a number into his phone. He told Ghastly what he was to tell everyone else, without a hello or any small talk, he had blandly said to all of the Dead Men, simply;
"Come to Kenspeckle's cinema. My daughter is alive."
An after that, he'd hang up.

*

Valkyrie hoped to God that the dress would fit October. It was a pretty dress and she reckoned that it would look stunning on October. Fletcher teleported into the old cinema and the Dead Men, minus Hopeless, was there. They all all looked shocked, but happy. The happiness was almost invisible on Anton. He had a slightly different expression. Though he was shocked and happy, traces of skepticism and relief were almost invisible to the naked eye.

"She's... she's alive?" Saracen whispered.

"She is." Skulduggery replies.

"Where is she?" Ghastly asks.

"Either showered or showering. Val, do you have the clothes?" Skulduggery asks her.

"Yeah. I'll take them to her. I hope that you don't mind that the dress is body-con." She replies.

"What's 'body-con'?"

"Tight, Skulduggery, tight. And short. I hate it, it's nice, but I hate dresses. My other dress my mother keeps with her so that I don't burn it or something."

Leaving Fletcher with the Dead Men, Valkyrie walks to room that she had left October in. She was about to knock, when she heard talking. She just walked in.

Tanith was sitting upside-down on the ceiling and so was October. Tanith was in her usual leather and October was just in a towel. Her hair was perfectly black and dry.

Valkyrie was confused. She thought that October was an Elemental. October sensed her confusion.

"I am able to use both Elemental and Adept magic. I was in chains when the Surge should have been happening, so it didn't happen, therefore leaving me able to use whatever discipline I want to." She says.

"Oh. Here's the clothes. Keep the dress. I don't want it." Valkyrie says as October jumps down onto the floor and Tanith does the same. Tanith and Valkyrie leave October to dress and they wait outside the room. The beautiful October soon opens the door and walks out barefooted. It was easy to hear the soft pitter-patter of her pale feet. Tanith was first to speak.

"The dress looks gorgeous on you. It fits perfectly." She says.

"Thank you for the compliment." October replies. "And thank you for getting me the clothes. And giving me the dress. I owe you, Valkyrie." She says turning to Valkyrie.

The three girls walk into the room where Fletcher and the Dead Men await October's arrival. Smiles spread on the October's and the Dead Men's faces.

"It's been to long." Says Anton.

"That it has." Replies October.