The Lost King

I wake up to sun poring in through the windows. I feel someone move besides me. I turn to see Francis and the memories of last night come flooding back. I never thought this would happen before marriage but it did. And I don't regret it at all. I start to play with Francis's hair, and twisting my fingers in his curls. His eyes flutter open and a smile appears on his face. He leans up and grabs my face, giving me a passionate kiss.
"Good morning Laila." He says while tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear.
"Good morning Francis." I smile and grab his hand, lacing our fingers.
"As much as I would love to stay here, I have a country to run." He stands up and starts to get dressed. I pout but pull myself out of of the bed, and start to get get dressed. Francis messes with his hair, making his hair even messier. I put on my dress, making sure there are no wrinkles. I stand in the mirror, checking my appearance. Francis walks over and wraps his arms around my waist, giving me  a kiss on the cheek.
"You look amazing. Meet me at lunch?" He asks, giving me another kiss.

I nod and he lets go of my waist, walking out of the room and shutting the door behind him. I close my eyes, enjoying my last moments of peace before the hustle of castle life begins.

Making my way to the throne room, I am stopped by an unfamiliar face.

"Excuse me Your Majesty but we need to talk." The man talks in a hushed tone.
I nod and he takes my hand, pulling me into a random office.

I look him up and down. He's wearing fair quality clothing, and he's most certainly handsome. I can't quit decide why but I have a feeling what he wants to tell me is very important. Something is very familiar about those eyes.

He looks at me for permission to speak and I give him a slight nod

"It's lovely to see you again Laila." He looks at me, a hint of excitement in his eyes.

See him again? I almost positive I've never seen this man before in my life. But then again, those eyes.

"What do you mean see you again? I've never met you before."

"Sure you have." He quickly answers back.

"I don't even know your name."

"Does the name Dominic ring a bell?"

No. It can't be. My breathing become heavy, I feel as though the room as gotten extremely small and I am enclosed in a box.
"It's not you. It can't be. Y- you died." I stutter.

"Laila, how could you forget these eyes." He takes a step towards me and grabs my hand, our faces inches apart. Dominic was my childhood friend. And not to mention, my supposed to be husband. It was that way since the day we were born.My first kiss. He found me at the convent and made frequent visits. We became best friends and soon we developed feelings for each other. Why, why is he back now when things are just starting to become a little bit normal.

I take a step backwards, my back hitting the door.

"Dominic, what are you doing here?" I ask as I am trying to calm my breathing.

"Laila, we haven't seen each other since we were kids, you're twenty now. I finally escaped my village and I came to see you."

My face softens." You came here for me?"

He nods and reaches for my hand again.
I shake my head, pulling my hand out of his." I'm sorry I can't." I turn and leave the room, leaving my best friend behind.

The Lost King has returned.

Sorry it's such a short part. I have had the biggest writers block in the world. Don't worry, I have plenty to come. It would be amazing if you checked out my new story, It All Started with Instagram. See you in the next part.