The Party

⬆️Laila's hair and dress for the party)

Francis agreed to my proposal. We now have a secret alliance between us. Together we are strong enough to take down England.
Francis and I walk over to table. Vince brings out the paper with the agreement on it. Francis and I both sign it. We shake hands. But something happened. When our hands touched, I felt a spark. Like a connection. We looked up and made eye contact. We don't realize we're still holding hands until Vince clears his throat.
"It's official then." Francis says.
I nod. I don't trust my voice right now. I can't like the King. I don't like the King. And he doesn't like me.

"In honor of this new found alliance, I'm going to hold a party to celebrate." Francis states. Cheers erupt around the room. I'm guessing they haven't had a party in a while. I walk over to my ladies, still not sure if my voice is trustworthy.

"Laila, what just happened with Francis?" Rae asks.

"Nothing happened. Nothing is going on between us and nothing will ok." I say sternly.

"We'll see about that." Hannah says. I hit her on the arm and she glares at me. Gwyneth snickers and we walk away. I swear sometimes these ladies drive me nuts. As we are walking down the hallway, I hear someone walking behind us. I turn my head to see Francis. I quickly snap my head forward.

"Laila, what's wrong?" Hannah asks. She turns and sees Francis.

"Oh, that. Don't worry, he can't do anything thing here." Rae says. Oh their in for it.

"Would you three shut it. Nothing is happening between us ok. You guys need to believe me. I don't have feelings for him and if anyone hears you. I'll be done." I say.

"Yeah yeah. Anything could happen." Gwyneth says. They all laugh.  Breath in and out. In and out. Count  to five.

"Can I talk to Laila privately please." Francis says.

"Sure, that's fine." Rae says, smirking.

"We will meet you in your chamber Laila." Hannah says. They all turn to walk away. I can hear them laughing. Is he mad at me? Is it something about the alliance.

"Yes, Francis?" I say.

"Thank you for choosing France. It's really going to help us. You're a smart woman Laila. Thank you." He says. He smiles at me and turns away.
I can't help but get butterflies in my stomach. Wait what. I can't like Francis. I just can't. He was married one of my best friends for Gods sakes. Well he doesn't know that. No one knows I was in the same convent as Mary. Even though she left him, I couldn't do that to Mary. I'll just keep denying it.

I make it to my chambers. I prepare myself to be bombarded with questions of what happened.

"Laila what happened!" They all scream at once.

"Nothing! He just thanked me for choosing France. That's all. Nothing more nothing less." I promise.
They all look at me like I have wings coming from my back.
"You're telling the truth Laila?" Hannah asks.

"Yes."

"Dang it. I wanted something to happen." Rae pouts.

"Well, nothing did. Now help me get ready for the party. (Her dress and hair above. I'll show the ladies outfits as well.)

)