Chapter 35 (Last Chapter)

CAN WE ALL JUST CRY BECAUSE THIS IS THE LAST CHAPTER?!?!? :(

(Also please read the note at the bottom.)

Jalissa's POV:

"Are you okay?" Beau whispers in my ear. I nod my head slowly as tears roll down my face. Even though I didn’t really hang out with Lucy and Lizzie they were still my first ever friends here and now they are gone. 

We watch as their caskets get lowered into the ground beside each other. I requested along with their parents’ permission that they be placed side by side so they will be friends forever.

"In loving memory of Lucy and Lizzie, you will be forever in our hearts," the priest says. Everyone is crying and when I say everyone I mean Beau as well. His bright green eyes are dull and blood shot from crying so much. I wrap my hand in his and squeeze it softly letting him know he isn't alone.

"It's okay," I whisper into his chest hugging him tightly.

"I'm so sorry you had to witness it," he answers with a hiccup from crying.

"It's okay, I am over it all. I am starting fresh with you in my life okay?" I say to him looking him right in the eyes. He nods with a weak smile whilst I hug him again. "Come on, everyone is going now."

He takes my hand as I lead him away from the now empty grave yard. As we walk together hand in hand the cool autumn breeze blows through our hair leaving goosebumps along my skin.

"I want to take you somewhere," Beau randomly says.

"Okay.." I answer as he takes a sudden change in direction. We walk through a forest of tall trees along a little pebble path which leads to a beautiful little creek. There is a mossy filled patch of rock with a thick tree against it to lean on.

Beau sits down against it and gestures for me to sit with him. I do as he wishes and snuggle into his chest watching the glistening water reflect the sunlight. "How did you find this place?" I ask him.

"I come here when I need to clear my head," he replies.

"That didn't answer my question," I answer him. He chuckles lightly and I can feel his chest rise up and down with every breath he takes.

"Let's just say I was pretty high when I found this," he laughs deeply. I shake my head with a laugh as he wraps his big hands around my petite ones.

"So back to school Monday?" he asks me.

"Yes," I groan whilst rolling my eyes. I hate school if you didn’t gather and it is going to be so fun with everyone staring at me because I am a 'dead girl walking'. Yeah that’s the new nickname everyone has started because I skipped death.

It makes me laugh to be honest because of how lame everyone is in that hell hole.

"Only two terms left," he smiles softly.

"Two long terms," I answer emphasising the word long.

"It won’t be long because you will have me to keep you company," he answers with a giggle as he squeezes my nose. That reminds me of when we were a couple. I look away from him knowing I might start crying because I still love him but he doesn’t even remember me. All goes silent and awkward as we sit in each other’s grip.

I watch him take his phone out and scroll through his music. He offers me to choose one so I click on Right Now by One Direction. I don’t know why, I just really love the song.

"And I could do this forever. Whoa, whoa. And let's go crazy together. Whoa, whoa." I sing softly.

"Can I choose a song?" he interrupts me. I nod handing him the phone which he gladly takes. He scrolls through a few times before picking a song.

(Song to listen to: Reason by Hoobastank)

"I'm not a perfect person,
There's many things I wish I didn't do,
But I continue learning,
I never meant to do those things to you,
And so I have to say before I go,
That I just want you to know.

I've found a reason for me,
To change who I used to be,
A reason to start over new,
And the reason is you,

I'm sorry that I hurt you,
It's something I must live with every day,
And all the pain I put you through,
I wish that I could take it all away,
And be the one who catches all your tears,
That's why I need you to hear,
I've found a reason for me,
To change who I used to be,
A reason to start over new,
And the reason is you,

I'm not a perfect person,
I never meant to do those things to you,
And so I have to say before I go,
That I just want you to know,

I've found a reason for me,
To change who I used to be,
A reason to start over new,
And the reason is you,

I've found a reason to show,
A side of me you didn't know,
A reason for all that I do,
And the reason is you." 

"I'm glad you claimed me," I joke to him randomly after taking in the beautiful song he just sang to me.

"I'm glad I claimed you too," he smiles back with a giggle and plants a light kiss on my lips making me feel more safe and loved than ever. He pulls away suddenly with wide eyes.

"W-what? What's wrong?" I ask him with a concerned look. His eyes dart around the place almost like he is realising something? "Beau?" I wave my hand in his face.

He turns to me and places his fingertips lightly against my cheek. "I remember you," he whispers.

"You what?" I almost scoff.

"I remember everything. You, me, us," he says.

"You do?" I ask him not sure if he is joking or not. Knowing the joker he is he would joke about something like this.

"They say throughout your life you will meet one person who is unlike any other. You could talk to this person for hours and never get bored, you could tell them things and they won’t judge you. This person is your best friend. This person is your soul mate," Beau starts. "And I guess it is true because I found someone like that, you."

"You really remember," I cry with happiness at how beautiful his quote was.

He nods his head with a soft smile. "I love you Jalissa, I always have. It has always been you and it always will be."

My heart flutters at his comment as tears roll down my face from how happy I am. I engulf him in a tight hug feeling his warmth radiate off me.

"I love you too Beau," I answer him after a few minutes. He just nods and holds me tighter than he ever has.

They say that one day everything in your life will get better, it just may not be your day

Well guess what, today is my day.

And I couldn't be happier.

--------------------------------------------------------

And there we have it! This story has officially ended. I know, pass around the tissues. :'(

I would just like to thank everyone who voted, comment and read this. Honestly getting this to 100K reads was so amazing. I actually teared up a little because I never thought I would be this far with my writing. Thankyou guys so much, I love each and every one of you. You are all amazing, never forget that. xx 

Lastly thankyou so much, please give this last chapter a vote because its the end and I love all your sexy faces! x

-Hayley  :))))