Chapter 31

Quick update while I have wifi! It's a bit short but at least it's an update!

Jalissa's POV:

"Who are you?"

No, this can't be happening.

"It's Jalissa, you're-" I suddenly stop what I am about to say. "Friend."

Beau stares at me confused with his eyebrows furrowed. "I-I don't know you."

I can feel the tears welling up in my eyes when he says that. "But you do Beau, we met four months ago. I was your girlfriend for a while."

"I'm sorry, I don’t know who you are," he replies. That's when I realise he isn't joking. "Who are you?" he asks looking up at Luke.

"I'm your brother," Luke answers.

"I don’t have a brother," Beau shakes his head firmly.

"You're right, you have two that are twins. Jai and I," Luke replies.

"You must be crazy because I don’t know you or this Jai person," Beau laughs in Luke's face. "Why am I in hospital?"

"You were in a bad crash,” I inform him but am interrupted by a doctor who walks in with Jai by his side followed by Gina.

"Beau," she sighs in relief and runs towards him showering him in kisses.

"Why is this lady on me?" Beau questions with a confused look.

"What?" Gina ask as she looks at Beau.

"I don’t know you," he says. I look over to the doctor who is studying Beau.

"I had a feeling this would happen," the doctor sighs causing Gina's head to snap around to look at him.

"What do you mean?" Gina asks.

"The trauma Beau experienced has given him memory loss. It seems as though he can't remember anything about his life," he replies.

"Will he ever remember though?" Luke butts in.

"With time and doing things that will remind him of his life then yes he should. We ran some tests on his brain and it showed no signs of permanent damage so yes," the doctor says.

"Oh thank god," Gina sighs in relief.

"Can someone explain to me what’s going on?" Beau asks with a little shout.

"Okay Beau, you may not think it but these people here are you family and this is your?" the doctor gestures to me.

"Friend," I reply.

"Friend, they know you and you used to know them but after the crash your brain was slightly damaged so it is going to take some time for your memory to come back,” he says to Beau.

"Okay," Beau nods still with confusion in his voice. "Can I go home now?"

The doctor laughs at beau before nodding, "You can, we just need to get your mum to sign some papers." With that Gina, the doctor, Luke and Jai all leave the room leaving just Beau and I.

"So you were my girlfriend hey?" Beau asks me. I nod slowly as I observe his actions. "What happened for us to break up?"

I wince a bit as I remember the reasons as to why and what is resulted in. I decide to just tell him when he gets back home and settled in. "Could I tell you when we get back home?"

"Yeah I guess," Beau nods as I help him up. At first he finds it hard to stand but he soon gets it and walks off down the hall towards where Gina and the boys are.