Chapter 20: If It's Love

Alright guys, this is the final chapter in Chasing Butterflies. It truly made me sad to write it, but I know I had to do it eventually. I was seriously sitting on my couch until 10:30 last night writing this, and the new chapter for We Belong Together (which I'll post a little bit later).

But don't fret: as promised, I will begin work on the sequel, which I I have decided will be called Chasing Dreams. I have a lot of stuff up my sleeve so far for that one, and still a lot of open spots too. Hopefully after a brief planning day I can sort out all the details. I would also suspect that by the end of April, I should be uploading more and more frequently, since my last day of college for the semester is April 24th.

Anyhow, enough of my rambling. I now present to you the final chapter in Chasing Butterflies. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have. =)

************************************************************************************************************
"Forever could never be long enough for me to feel like I've had long enough with you..." Marry Me, Train

Audrey shoved her last shirt into her trunk. She had been packing for what felt like forever. But it was finally all done, and she could try to relax for the remainder of her time at Hogwarts. She would be going home tomorrow, back to her family whom she was sure she was going judgmental about everything her life had become. Audrey shook the feeling as she threw the trunk back onto the floor by her bed. She wasn't going to let anyone get her down.

She made her way out of the girls' dormitory and into the dark Slytherin common room. She sighed as she realized that her remaining time here was limited. She was going to miss looking up at the Black Lake as the ceiling, the black leather chairs, and the dim candlelit room itself. It had basically been her home for seven years now; Audrey couldn't fathom not coming back.

The girl took a seat by the fire. Audrey stared into the fire, not really thinking about anything in particular. All she had to do was wait for Draco to finish his packing so they could go to dinner. She was sure he had to be close to finished by now; he had far less stuff to pack than she did. Sure enough, after only having been sitting there for a few minutes, Draco came strolling into the common room.

He had what appeared to be a somewhat nervous express on his face, but it quickly dissipated as he approached her and his normal air of confidence reemerged. Draco looked at Audrey inquisitively for a moment before saying, "Are you using a Confundus Charm, or are you naturally this mind-blowing?"

Audrey felt her face go bright red. "Stop it Draco, you're embarrassing me..."

Draco smiled back at her. "You busy?"

Audrey shook her head. "No... why?"

"Come on a walk with me?" he asked.

"Sure!" Audrey agreed, jumping off of the couch. She was game to do anything at this point, though she was curious as why Draco wanted to take a walk in the first place. Draco took her hand in his own and they began to walk out of the common room.

The hallways were bustling with activity. All of the students were running amuck, trying to pack all of their belongings, and say their good-byes. It was unlike anything Audrey had ever seen in her time at Hogwarts. It was an absolute madhouse, not that it had been anything but since the battle began.

Draco led her outside, and began heading towards the Quidditch pitch, or rather what was left of it. He remained silent, and Audrey was growing all the more curious as they approached the field. On top of that, it was already getting late, and the sun was beginning to set. Draco was up to something, but Audrey didn't know what.