My lucky day- Not

ALISHA

Oh shit. Getting up and running to the washroom, I could feel the pain in my ankle but it hardly mattered. As soon as I came out clad in nothing but a off white towel, I grabbed a spray and used it on my ankle to feel heat rush through the injury.

“Why didn’t you wake me up?” I cried as I entered the kitchen while tying the tie around my neck and juggling with my bags and assignments.

“Why are you out of your bed?” Sohail countered my question with one of his own. Boys.

“Quit answering my questions with questions! And can I please get some fruits?” I asked just as the cook handed my bowl of fresh fruits. I loved his efficiency. Ohhh, he had gotten some litchis! They were one of my all time favorites, but extremely rare in this season. 

“Back to bed, kiddo. You are in no way going to school today.” Arbaaz said from besides me, while Malaika tried to make Arhaan wear his pants. He loved giving her a hard time about wearing clothes.

“Yes I am going! I’m fine, guys. Chill out.” I said, peeling off the hard red cover odd the soft little fruit.

“Alisha stop taking stuff so fucking lightly!” Sohail yelled and stood up infront of me in a split second, causing me to drop the glass of juice I was holding.

“Sohail, back up right now!” Arbaaz pulled him behind, and Sohail ran a hand through his hair. Malaika was holding Arhaan who was scared of the commotion going on.

“Sushila, clean this please.” Malaika called a petite maid to clean the floor, picking up Arhaan and taking him upstairs, away from all the yelling he was terrified of.

“Bye guys. See you in the noon.” I mumbled gaining my controls and senses back. Picking up an orange and peeling it on my way out, I got into the car.

“Hey, Leo. Can I drive today?” Sohail asked from outside the driver’s side just as we were about to leave.

“Ofcourse, sir. It is your car.” Leo got down, and closed the door behind Sohail. I even saw Tyson get down from the passenger seat, which was my cue to join Sohail in the front. I sighed and went to the first seat, getting my phone out. The last thing I wanted was to discuss how irresponsible I was.

“Alisha, will you please keep the phone aside?” he asked while honking at the fans outside the gate this early in the morning.

“And why exactly should I not take this lightly?” I countered a little too harshly.

“Look, I am trying my best to make an apology. Please let me.” He pleaded. And I melted instantly. Seriously, I hated it when there was any tension in the family- I always tried my best to end it. I let out another sigh of defeat and threw the phone into my bag.

“Thank you. See, I didn’t mean to yell. And I definitely don’t think you take all things lightly. It’s just that only the thought of you getting into trouble or pain gets the best of me. I shouldn’t have snapped. I’m sorry.”

“It’s ok.” I replied, flipping through the CDs we had in our car.

“Hey, that was easy.”

“Don’t.” I pointed a finger at him, and he chuckled.

“No, I really admire how you give everyone a second chance. That is something not many people can do, you know.”

I just smiled at him and looked out the window as Beyonce’s ‘Halo’ hummed along with the light rain outside. We were already less than a block away from my school.

“Leave me here. I don’t want girls jumping on you.”

He obliged to my wish and pulled in. Kissing my forehead, he opened the door and let me walk to the school. I was already late, why not make an entry different from others? Maybe since I was late, the paparazzi had assumed I had bunked, and none were present. Ah, the joy.