Fashion Week

ALISHA

Why did I love the fashion week? Because it’s always chaotic. Yes, I loved it for that exact reason. Aside from getting to see the best designs, I also got to see all the chaos backstage. Believe me, it was all worth it.

Sitting on one of the seats baskstage, I could see the wine flowing and the spirits high. Sasha was besides me, and we were busy discussing about each creation. Being day two of the fashion week, today was the day one of my favorite designers, Falguni and Shane Peacock displayed their collection.

“Girls, please make your way to the VIP seats.” An assistant escorted us to our seats. Sasha’s mom worked on a high post in Godrej, one of the major sponsors. Thus her invites. And I got them because Malaika and the guys were paid to only sit in the VIP area.

We both were wearing Falguni and Shane, obviously. Mine was a black and blue dress, with cute stilettos. Malaika made me learn an updo, and I had that on. Sasha was in a backless black dress, and was stumbling with heels. Though they were serious pain, I learned to balance in them when I started wearing them more often. I had to, my height was nothing compared to the six foot models and other people from fashion and entertainment industry.

 “Ladies and Gentlemen, Please take your seats, the show is about to begin.” Said the too sweet voice and the lights dimmed down. Arbaaz and Malaika were in the other side of the ramp, along with Amrita and other people from the business and family.

The show. It was the Falguni and Shane Peacock show! It had to be flamboyant and glamorous. The duo manage to outdo themselves everytime. Yep, every freaking time they make me drool. And believe me; growing up with people having high fashion demands, it was kinda difficult to make me drool over creations. My taste had always been edgy, and brand names weren’t something that mattered. What mattered was the design.

“I’m gonna get one of those!” Sasha said as we made our way to another room. Every show had an after party. And yes, we had the invites to it to. The pre-party, after-show party, after-conference party. So many parties.

“Me too!” We were now inside the room. Cameras were all around, but they were the ones who had atleast some dignity. Giving us our space, they were shooting all the famous and recognizable faces in the room.

“Which one was your favorite? Mine was the black and gold one, the one with the netted back.” I asked Sasha while taking a sip of a blue mocktail that was being served.

“With was the gothic black one. Classic cut.” She replied grabbing some sushi that was one of the favorites of people here.

“There you are!” Sara said from behind me and I grinned at her. Sara was one of the lesser known ‘celebrity kids’. Well, her dad was a sportsman rather, one of the best in his field. Currently holding dozens of world records and the highest position, Sachin Tandulkar was the most celebrated cricketer in the country, and the world. Cricket wasn’t a popular sport in the USA, but in India, it was religion for millions.

“Hey! Sara, meet Sasha. Sasha, this is Sara.” I introduced them and they waved at each other. Soon after, we were gelling along well. By this time, even the models and the designers had made their grand entry. Some were talking with friends while the others interacted with the paparazzi around.

“And the tall one? With Auburn hair?” Sara chimed as we discussed models with the best walk and grace. Not that I could compete with anyone, but I was kinda biased since there was already a model in my family.

“She was a goddess.” I pointed out and my eyes searched for the model, who was nowhere to be found. Weird.

“I know right? What poise!” Sasha added. Grabbing yet another tikki that was being served, I checked my phone which was on silent. Oh shit, it was already beyond midnight!