Twitter Nation

paris skyline pic....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALISHA

Getting into the cars in the same order as arrival, I and Sohail got out. As promised, he signed and took pictures with the crowd. Again, a handful of people posed with me, too. Smiling, I wished then goodbye and got inside the car.

“That was great.” Sohail said, and I nodded. It was a fruitful day. With a brand new being human idea, I was gonna stay busy for the rest of the day. I loved to work with being human. I had rejected all the movie offers that had come to me, but being part of Being Human was something I couldn’t say no to. I practically begged for them to consider me helping out, and with help of Hailie, we began contributing little by little to improve lives across the globe.

“Can I ask you something?” Sohail asked, pulling me closer.

“From when did you guys start taking permission?” I raised my brow and he smiled which faded in seconds.

“You know, when Salman talked, or rather didn’t talk about your adoption, I saw you were in some deep thought. Is something troubling you again?”

“No. Honestly, I’ve lost all hope of ever finding out who my parents were. Of how I reached here from New Jersey. Of everything. I was just wondering how they still didn’t figure that everything is interconnected.”

“Don’t lose hope. And well, to answer the latter, we did cook up some great stories, you know?” he praised himself. Even when he and Arbaaz were reckless, brainless teenagers, they did give some good ideas. They’d never let me forget that.

I nodded and placed my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes. Almost two years ago, on a premier night, I had found out something that shook our entire family. I used to have flashbacks about random stuff. Atleast they seemed random then. I could see two people burning a girl alive. And then giving me a scar; that was on my left wrist till date. I always used to hide it with a concealer.

I knew that they weren’t just recurring nightmares, but flashbacks. I had lost memory at a small age due to a landslide. That’s where Salman and his mom had found me. His mom didn’t care much about me, but Salman decided to look after me.

Back to the premier night, a girl I somehow recognized had come begging for help. According to her, girls were being held captive for child trafficking. My brain told me I knew her, I had seen her before losing consciousness after the landslide. Since Salman believed that I was having flashbacks and not nightmares, he decided to get the police and Special Forces in. The girl led us to an electric crematorium, which was identical to the one I was seeing in my dreams. There was enough proof to arrest the owners of the place, and also arrest other people under their huge gang. Many little, pure lives were saved from being destroyed forever. They were more than three hundred in number. Many more were already killed. Their bones were crushed and spread across the lawn of roses. The murderers were vicious creatures. But with no eye witness, the only got life time of imprisonment. Which basically meant fourteen years.

The girl, who was named Saina, later told me that I used to live in New Jersey before somehow reaching here. She didn’t know how, and all our attempts at finding out had failed. I didn’t know if my parents were dead or alive, they gave me away willingly or were forced to. I didn’t know anything about my family.

That was also the reason I was terrified of fire. I couldn’t get the scene of a body getting burnt out of my head. It was traumatizing. But, on the brighter side, we managed to save hundreds of innocent lives. Managing to find some of their parents, they were now in the safety of their homes. The others who weren’t that lucky were now under our NGO’s care. They were regaining control over their lives slowly. Since I didn’t remember anything much about those two weeks I was forced to stay at that filthy place, I went back to my life fairly easily. The media thought that we just helped a girl who came to us for help, and in no way connected me to the incident.