Overtime

Guys! Thank you so much for the amazing feedback you've given me for the first chapter! I'm glad that you all are loving it, as much as I love writing this. Thank you to all those who continue to patiently wait til I update. Your patience will be rewarded. :) I love you all!

_____________________________________

I went to my Algebra class. I took a seat on one of the vacant chairs at the back. My professor came in. Mr. Collins.

"Good morning students. Today, I will be assigning you to your partner or the person you'll be sitting and working with for the rest of the year in my class, and in some other classes." He said. I sat back.

"Hope you'll be my partner." Someone who I didn't know, told me. I smiled.

"Okay.. Brianna, you're partner will be," I let out a sigh. Who is it gonna be?

"Mr. Schmidt is your assigned partner. He's not around today, though." Mr. Collins said.

People were chattering about me. I heard them.

"Kendall is so lucky."

"Brianna is just so smart, everybody wants to be her study partner."

"Why does it have to be Kendall? Why can't it be me?"

"That should be me. Not that jerk."

I was laughing so hard inside. They just wouldn't stop. Class dismissed.

Lunch break. I went with the girls.

"Who's your partner, Bri?" Rachel asked.

"Wait, you had the partner assigning thing?" I asked.

"Um, yeah. Its for everybody, I also found out that we'll be having the same partners for some subjects, but mostly all of it." Rachel explained.

"My partner is Amanda Stevens. You know, that slu----girl who people treat like she's some kind of goddess or something. Ugh, im so unlucky." Scarlett grunted.

"Poor you, Well, who's your partner, Ryanne?" I asked.

"Oh its a guy named Logan Henderson." Ryanne mentioned.

"Oh, Logan?" I asked.

"Yeah, you know him?" Ryanne asked.

"Yes, I actually met him at Chemistry Class." I said.

"Oh, well Rachel, you? Who's your partner?" Ryanne asked.

"Its Blake Austin. That girl whose part of the cheering squad." Rachel said.

"Well Bri, who's your partner?" Scarlett asked. "Kendall. Kendall Schmidt is my partner." I said.

"Oh my goodness. Are you kidding me?!" Ryanne said. "Of course not." I said. "Every girl would die to be you. You know, beauty, brains, and is now THE Kendall Schmidt's study partner." Rachel said. "And, is this destiny? First, he was sitting beside you at the library. Now, he's your seatmate. Oh destiny."

"Oh come on, im just simply myself. That's not much of a big deal. There's no such thing as destiny." I said.

"Um, IT IS! There is destiny! And you don't give a fuck since you're the only girl in school who doesn't crush on Kendall Schmidt. Oh, Brianna. We don't even think you've crushed on someone before. " Scarlett said.

"Um, I had a boyfriend before. Remember?" I said, defensively.

"Oh yeah, but the guy was the one who liked you. You don't even like him back. The feeling wasn't mutual." Ryanne cleared out.