chapter 20 (written by alizelo)

Lay POV

I had witnessed the little conflict that occurred between the two, Lauren and Liang Liang, and to be honest, I hated it. Coming from a rich family background, I knew how threats like hers were easy to fulfill, because they didn't do it directly, those kind of people had their henchmen to do all the dirty work. After Lauren left, Liang Liang was outraged, she told everyone to clear off, which they did, sniggering as the halls became more student free. She returned to her own locker and made a call.

" Yes, I need you to -" She trailed off, and stared at me. I looked at her for a few moments, and then the expression she held changed a few times, at first it was an embarrassed look, probably realising that I had seen her, then to an 'innocent' smile, which made me want to teach her to not be two faced. But I was going to be late for my lesson, which has her and Lauren in. So before shecould get one of her brats to sit next to her and bring her down, I turned on my heels and walked towards maths. As I walled in, the bell sounded, and luckily our teacher wasn't in yet, she hated late comers, believing that to learn a 'hard' subject like maths, including all the algebra rules, balancing equations etc, we should be punctual, in order to be prepared for the bombardment of information we would be required to take in.

After Liang Liang came in, late, and had her well deserved scolding, she took a seat behind us, along with her friend beside her, another stuck up brat, and together they made harsh remarks on how ugly and stupid Lauren was, clearly Lauren wasn't that, she had got both Luhan and Kris to like her, and she was smart, so they were actually the stupid ones as they didn't know.

I know about the little romance conflict they have over Lauren, I've witnessed the stares and sighs, you see, I'm a quote person, which brands that I know what goes on between everyone, you could call ne observant! It's just my natural way of going about problems, observe, make a solution and attack.

"Good luck trying to get away from your death, you just need to wait a little, soon they'll be mine, and you'll be left to believe that you didn't belong here in the first place." She kicked the back of her  chair, I heard it, bit hoping for Lauren to stay put, I didn't male a scene of it. I heard some wood being smacked to the table, so I turned my head to see that she had abruptly put her pencil down onto the table. Lauren started to turn around, breathing heavily, clutching her fists. I really didn't want her to get told off for being a victim to bullying, cos that's what would end up happening, I decided to intervene, I grabbed her hand, and cupped it in my own.

"Please, don't do anything, You'll just get h-" I started.

"Have you not heard what that bitch is doing?!" she was really angry!

"Yes, but please, don't go as low."

I reasoned, trying to male her see her faults, bit jot wanting her to get even more Angus because I wasn't physically taking her side. I didn't want to look at her expression, so I looked to the whiteboard.

To my luck, she had decided to be mature and turned around, I breathed a sigh of relief.

Jia Yu must have been annoyed at her response, as she started,

'Oh, come on!' thankfully, she continued with her work, but Jia Yu persistently kept on kicking her, I don't know how she stayed calm, I probably would have turned around and slapped her by now.

I looked to Lauren, to find her looking at me. I looked at her, then waved my hand at her, she was staring at one thing, me! There seemed to be something wrong with hee, ever since this morning, she's been a little quieter than usual, I decided to not bring it up in front of the others, as they'd just pounce on her for answers like a pack of wolves!  (A/N: Get it?!)

I decided to be amusing in bringing her back to civilisation, so I came really close to her face, and I could here a gasp in the background, I turned my head to stare at a red in the head Jia Yu, it was kind of funny actually. I just continued and went right close to her face, and....

cleared my throat! Her reaction was just beyond comparison, she seemed shocked after shaking her head an angle, then her whole head moved back, as if someone was holding her back but pushing her head backward, kind of hard to explain. I started sniggering after telling her that she was staring, as I leaned back into my original position.

"Well you are still holding onto my hand."

She backfired, feisty one, she is. This would be used as torture for her whenever she said something to maybe embarrass me, I would get back at her and she would suffer the consequences!

I didn't want to let go of her hand in case she got frustrated again, so I kept a firm hold of it in my hands, as if it was special, well she is special, Lauren, she needs to stay protected, but maybe work on her anger management!

(A/N: just to make it clear, Lay is my Bias, but, for the sake of the story, he does not like Lauren, just wants to protect her like a little sister.)

Lauren POV

After the lesson was over, it was lunch, so me and Lay made our way to the cafeteria and we were once again seated on 'our' table. There were a few girls who had sat down a table away from us, performing the ritual of squealing over one of the EXO members. I saw Luhan, Xiumin and Tao walking together, and they sat on the table, followed by Chen. Luhan once again sat opposite me, and he didn't look happy to see me, it was a blank expression with his lips forming a straight line, his eyes showing emptiness as he returned my gaze. After a couple of moments, Kris walked in and grabbed a seat from a nearby table, seating himself comfortably at the edge of it.  Luhan gave him a dirty look, before beginning his dinner with a fake smile plastered on his face.

Kris looked at me, and smiled, I returned it, deciding that Luhan's issues couldn't get me down, but it was becoming harder to do so, it was emotionally attacking me. I'm not the one to be brought down by others problems, but facing the reality that I need to sleep in the same building as him, just a couple of doors away, really brought down my expression.

"Lauren? Lauren?" Xiumin called.

"Hmmm?"

" You're playing with your food Lauren." Tao explained. And without realising, I had been doing exactly that. I took a bite out of my food cautiously, aware of twelve eyes turned towards me. Looking up, smiling, I explained how the food looked had lost its appeal. I excused myself from the table and decided to take a walk, to clear my thoughts.

As I was reaching the door, i turned my head an inch to try and get a view of the boys, and I could see Luhan and Xiumin getting up, probably to go play football. I went to the back of the school where the bike sheds were, I went behind and sat there, thinking about what happened since yesterday. There was a tear travelling down my eyes, Why me? I mean, it wasnt really that bad what was happening, but for the sake of EXO staying together, I didn't want to tell Kris about the way that Luhan had been blanking me because of him, I knew it would just make them argue, and I didn't want to tell him that.

"*Clearing of throat* Ahem.."

I turned my head after staring at my knees a little longer, and to my surprise, Kris was standing there.

"I want you tell me what's going on please." As he came beside me to sit down, I didn't want to tell him, to be honest. He put one arm over my shoulders and I adjusted myself so that my head on his shoudler. He brought his other hand to mine, and held it, squeezing it for re-assurance.

"It's okay, you can tell me."

"Well..."

"I want you tell me what's going on please." As he came beside me to sit down, I didn't want to tell him, to be honest. He put one arm over my shoulders and I adjusted myself so that my head on his shoudler. He brought his other hand to mine, and held it, squeezing it for re-assurance.

"It's okay, you can tell me."

"Well..."