Hikaru and Kaoru Love Story: Chapter 4

We all walked down to the club room together and I noticed that Anna and Kaoru were getting really close. They were laughing and pushing each other and they just looked like they were having a blast.

Haruhi and I walked behind them in an awkward silence. I didn’t know what to say, honestly. Usually I’m so good at this sort of thing, but now that Kaoru is working to impress Anna…I can’t seem to find the host in me to charm Haruhi.

“So, what kind of tea are you looking forward to?” Haruhi asked. I bet she didn’t know what to say either.

I smiled, “Uh...well, I’m really into apricot black tea. What about you?” I asked, trying to be a perfect gentleman.

“Tamaki Sempai told me about this organic bancha green tea. He said it is really good.” She looked up at me as if she was expecting my opinion on it.

“Yeah, it’s okay, I guess,” I said while stretching my arms above my head. When I put my arms back down I accidently bumped my hand into hers. I went slightly pink and looked away.

“Hey, do you want to hang out after school sometime?” Haruhi asked.

I stopped in my tracks. She and Anna turned at the same time. Haruhi’s expression was more a ‘what’s wrong’ look and Anna’s was like a-

“Brilliant idea!”…yeah that kind of look.

“I’m sorry, I missed that. What’s a brilliant idea?” Kaoru asked Anna as he came to my side and put his arm around my shoulder. I was still in shock so I just stood there.

“A double date, silly! I know we just met and all...but you seem really nice and I want to get to know you as well as Haruhi does. She can even tell you two apart!” Anna closed her eyes and smiled.

“Yeah, that’s a great idea!” Kaoru said putting up his thumbs and looking at me. He was probably expecting me to do the same thing, but I was still stunned.

“I just wouldn’t mention this to the Tamaki Sempai if I were you. He might freak out and ruin the tea tasting for the guests,” Haruhi said. She actually sounded like she was almost excited about this. 

I snapped out of it, “Y-Yeah,” was all that came out of my mouth when I tried to say, I can’t wait! And then I was going to put my arm around Haruhi, but I just ended up twitching my arm a little.

“Are you feeling okay, Hikaru?” Haruhi asked. She put her hand on my forehead making me look down blushing.

“Yes, I’m fine,” I said and we stood there for a moment just staring at eachother.

“Well?” she laughed a little.

“Well, what?” I asked, opening my eyes wide.

She lifted her hand with two fingers up, “Two things. One, are you okay with the whole…double date thing?” she asked. She put her head down when she said ‘double date’.

“Uh, yeah, I guess. If you’re okay with it, you know?” I scratched my head while looking away to try and make it seem a little more nonchalant.

I saw her smirk. “Can you guess what the second thing is?”

Oh no! That’s never good! Did I forget her birthday or something?!

“Uh…I don’t know.” I replied, leaning in a bit for no apparent reason.

“Um, we can go in now.” She pointed to the door to music room three.

I was so busy being such a space-case that I didn’t even realize that my brother and Anna already went in! And Haruhi and I had been standing out here for like five minutes! Dammit!

“Oh my god, I’m so sorry, of course we can go in.” I opened the door for her, bowing and extending my right arm to allow her in.

She only smiled at me and made her entrance.

When I walked in it seemed like all eyes were on me. Some were glares and most were fan girls just staring because I had made my entrance.

“What were you doing out there with her?” Tamaki asked me in a hushed yet angry tone.

“We were just talking, Boss. Chill out.” I walked passed him staring into space.

I sat next to Kaoru at our couch. He just stared at me and waved his hand in front of my face.

“Hikaru? Dude, c-mon! Earth is waiting for your arrival!” Kaoru was almost yelling at me.

“Huh?” I said, still dazed.

“Hikaru, can you get that creepy smile off your face? I think you’re freaking out these beautiful ladies,” Kaoru said as he looked closely into one of the girls eyes.

I didn’t even notice I was smiling, I heard giggling and girls asking about how Anna and Haruhi looked so much alike. Crap! I’m at the host club, I have to get my head in the game or Kyoya Sempai is going to kill me! I finally realized and put on my game face.

“So sorry, ladies, I was just mesmerized by your beauty.” The girls giggled when I said that.

“Hikaru? Why are you being so cruel?” Kaoru wined.

Here we go again, I thought while taking a sip of my favorite tea.

“What do you mean Kaoru?” I asked him, playing along.

“You give those girls so much attention…you hardly even speak to me anymore.” There were tears in his eyes, which of course, I knew were eye drops.

“That’s not true, brother!” I held him close, wiping a tear from his eye, “You know that you will always be my number one!” I said while lifting his chin. His face was uncomfortably close to mine, but the girls were enjoying it.

The girls squealed at our embrace.

…works every time, I smiled to myself and looked over at Haruhi who was being way over crowded by more girls than usual.

A double-date, huh?