Surely Shaken

Recap: 

I hailed a cab, and slid into it, my thoughts still revolving around what I had witnessed. Every single event that had taken place in my life after the supposed 'car crash' came slamming back into my head. I fixated on one certain event since all of them were quite overwhelming to think about: the out of body experience dream. 

I remembered something about the dream, that would prove whether or not I was crazy; whether I was becoming schizophranic or not. 

I tossed a couple of notes to the cab driver before racing into the hotel and towards my suite. Once I got into my room, I threw my bag on the side and found exactly what I was looking for. I flipped through the pages and gasped when I saw the words written.

I wasn't crazy. Everything that was happening was real. 

And the following note proved that to me:

'I'm real :)

Proof enough?

-Skye.'

Chapter Eleven: Surely Shaken 

Status: Not edited. 

“Sometimes I'm confused by what I think is really obvious. But what I think is really obvious obviously isn't obvious...” -Micheal Stipe.

-

“He was beautiful, that was always affirmed, but his beauty was hard to fix or to see, for he was always glimmering, flickering, melting, mixing, he was the shape of a shapeless flame, he was the eddying thread of needle-shapes in the shapeless mass of the waterfall. He was the invisible wind that hurried the clouds in billows and ribbons," -― A.S. Byatt, Ragnarok: The End of the Gods

-

"Delilah, I can explain," Nyle raised his hands and stepped closer to me as he spoke; his accent was just as thick -and hot- as it had sounded in my dream about him, and not as faint as it had been sounding for days. My heart thudded in my chest when he said my name, and I could see the caution flicker in his fire-like eyes as he did so. 

Once I had found the note Skye had left me, Nyle had suddenly materialized besides me. For some reason I wasn't freaked when he condensed into the air besides me, it was almost like I knew; like this deep feeling within me had warned me of his oncoming presence already.

For a second I was bewildered by what I had uncovered, and then waves of hurt and pain slammed against me and rendered me flabbergasted. 

Nyle had lied to me.

Nyle had made me think I was crazy.

Nyle hurt me. 

I felt tears cloud my vision and my hands began to shake. I couldn't understand what I was feeling. Is this how it feels to be heartbroken? Does your heart fill up with this much pain, and your mind feel like it's been ripped apart? If so then I was wrong about being heartbroken before, because I was definitely feeling that way now. 

I felt like I was someone else as the painful emotions tore through my system. The Delilah Storme people knew wouldn't have felt so torn, she would have screamed at Nyle, hit him and demanded him to spill everything after beating him into a pulp.

But me? I felt so hurt, I could do nothing but let the tears fall from my eyes and stain my cheeks. 

Nyle froze besides me, and I felt something wiggle in my mind. "Futuo," he swore when his fiery eyes met mine, "Futuo, please don't cry." He wrapped his strong arms around me and pulled me to his rock hard chest. I, unintentionally, buried my head in his chest -since he was way taller than I was- and held onto him. Allowing for the tears to continue to fall as I clutched onto him even tighter. I felt a sense of tranquility seep into me as I held onto him. Just touching him made me feel better.