Brighter Than The Burn

Dedication: To @jesseelves for the cover on the side :) ... THANK YOU SO MUCH :D

Chapter One: Brighter Than The Burn.

Warning: Not Edited.

Nyles perspective-

"You are the girl I vowed to protect and you're my mate."

I watched wisps of blazing flames of my aura drifted through my lips as I said the words and form a ring of fire around Delilahs head. Delilahs golden eyes were unable to trace the movement of the tendrils of my aura as it wrapped itself around her head and seem to slither around it. Delilah had not been taught of the ways of ones inner flame and for that she was not censured.

"So that's why you called me your mate and have that fancy accent! You're Australian!" exclaimed Delilah as I watched comprehension dawn into her eyes.

Australian? Me?

Delilah dear, you seem to have gotten it wrong.

"I beg your pardon Delilah, but I am certainly not Australian..." I said as I watched the tendrils of my aura dance around her head.

"Blow it, son. Then allow it to sink through her skull as you chant the words that come naturally to you."

"Father?" I spoke through the connection back to him as I felt my true father's power flair into my mind, before detecting that it was only a form of him, "Why, must I ask, are you snffing at our conversation like a garngle." (A/N- Explained below, in authors note.)

"Because I just realized that my son's life is more eventful than mine. Isn't that tragic?!"

I rolled my eyes and ignored my father, "It will not cause any pain or discomfort to her, right?"

"Nope... Speaking of which, have you heard the newest single by-"

Stay out of my head, father.

I sighed yet paid heed to the words of my father. "Delilah," I whispered softly as I stepped even closer to her and heard the sound of her heart flutter in my ears as her eyes gently closed. The aura in the pits of my gut burned brighter. She was indeed affected by my presence.

"Hmmm... her reactions so much like your mothers."

I cursed and cut out the connection. This was to intimate for even my true father to intrude onto. As my father's forms held continuous contact with the modern mortal world, I believed that his current form that conversed with me had to their style. Though he was The Phoenix, his current form was laid back and quite the boisterous bloke, unlike me. I find it absolutely horrid that my father allows for one of his forms to act as so. He is The Phoenix, therefore each and every one of his forms should act respectably.

But he thought otherwise.

I felt Delilah's body heat as I stepped closer to her and felt the concentration of air decrease as she took a deep breath in and increase as she let out a breath. Her sweet breath blew across my face, but my gaze remained transfixed onto the wisps of my aura circulating her head.

I had been warned about the loss of self control during the finding of the mate. I did not wish to lose my concentration.

I could feel Delilah's puzzlement. I could feel her awe. I could feel her blissfulness.

"What-" Delilah began to say but I silenced her with the wave of my hand. "Hush dear." I whispered, "It's going to be alright." I watched as her brows loosened from there furrow. I despised using my powers on her, but I certainly had no choice in such a situation.