Increasing Inferno: I

Chapter Nine: Increasing Inferno I

STATUS: Not edited.

AIM: 25 VOTES.

Or maybe Andy had it all wrong and I was just acting this way 'cause I was lightheaded from all of the medicines that have been pumped into my system.

Yeah, that's probably it.

~~

"So this is my room," I pointed to the grand master bedroom, "and that's yours," I pointed towards his room. "If you don't like it you're welcome to sleep on the couch."

Nyle raised his eyebrows at me but said nothing, carrying his suitcases effortlessly to his room. I sighed as exhaustion took over my limbs, but pushed it away. I had to study to stay on top of my class. I trudged into my room, in order to freshen up before I pulled out my textbooks and notebooks. I browsed through them and solved a number of exercises before I began to notice that the room had begun to darken. I closed my books and decided that it was time for dinner. I made my way to Nyle's room, barging in. "Umh, can you cook di-" My words died in my throat when I caught site of Nyle playing with a ball of fire. I blinked and when my eyes focused on it once more I realized that it was actually a lighter.

Strange, I could have sworn....

"Delilah?" Nyle called out to me in that sexy accented voice of his. My eyes snapped to his and I noticed that he looked extremely good with his hair messily tangled and a spark of an unreadable expression dancing in his eyes. "Hmmm...?" I hummed softly, much too absorbed in studying the Adonis before me rather than actually paying attention to his words.

"Delilah?" Nyle called out once more and my eyes snapped up to peer into his fiery ones.

Control yourself, Delilah. He's just a boy; control your hormones.

I snapped once I realized that I had been ogling, "What?"

"A rather bizarre mark seems to have sta-" he cleared his throat awkwardly as if he had just realized what he had said, "Uh, I mean, you have something right over there." He pointed to a spot above my lips. I raised my eyebrows and wiped the skin above my lips and under my nose.

Nyle chuckled -a sound that had my heart beat spiking- and shook his head, "It's still not gone." He lifted a finger and brushed it across my lip, lingering there for a few seconds. "There, gone," he whispered, his blazing eyes burned through my eyes that seemed dull before his. I could feel his warm, minty breath fan across my face as he leaned closer and as his fingers brushed across my lips once more, leaving a blazing trail of tingles in their wake. Silence loomed around us as we gazed into each others eyes, my heart thudding in my chest as we did so. Nyle drew even closer until the tip of his nose brushed across the bridge of mine. My eyes fluttered at his proximity, and my heart suddenly grew warm; my body sang in a happiness.

And then the doorbell rang.

I successfully snapped out of my Nyle-induced-daze and stepped back, my eyes wide and my mouth open. "Umh...uhh...." I stammered, searching for words to form a coherent sentence. I spotted an unreadable emotion in Nyle's eyes that had me flushing. "Uh, I-I have to go," I finally murmured, turning on my heel and trying to get out of the room. But before I could leave, Nyle grabbed my wrist, spun me around and yanked me back to him. I collided against his chest, planted my hands onto it in a vain effort to push him away and attempted to swallow the electricity the erupted between us. "N-nyle, w-what're you do-doing?"

Nyle raised his eyebrows and I spotted heaps of amusement swirling in the depths of his blazing eyes, "You came to ask me if I could cook dinner?"

I found myself incapable of talking and so I simply nodded, my wide eyed gaze fixed on his eyes. Nyle's lips stretched into a crooked grin that caused for a dimple to appear on his left cheek. He looked so good, I could feel my heart do somersaults in my chest. Nyle let go of my waist and turned towards the door, "Sure. I'll be on it."