3

as i walk back into my blank room a thought strikes me.

i never got grayson's number. fuck.

"sol?" my mom calls from the kitchen. i sigh and get up, walking back out.

"yes mom?"

"where'd you go?" she stands at the marble counter with her thin brows pulled together.

"out." i shrug.

"i know you're upset but you can't just leave like that."

"upset? i'm not upset, cristi, you ruined my happiness for the second time in three years. don't you get it?" a fury builds up in the pit of my stomach and her eyes widen.

"don't you dare call me that. i am your mother whether you like it or not."

"not in my book."

"go to your room." her wrinkled lips pull down into a prominent frown and i raise an eyebrow in victory.

"that's what i was doing, until you called me out for this bullshit."

"SOL KARINA! YOU DO NOT TALK TO ME IN THAT TONE." her voice booms above mine, i know when she calls me by my full name it's serious.

"k." i roll my eyes and walk back into my empty room. flopping down on the bare mattress, i ignore the loud comments coming from the kitchen.

my phone dings and i look at the notification.

snapchat from WHORI!!1!1!😩😩

my best friend, tori, back in roseville. i open it up and it's a disgusting picture of her with about 7 chins. i send one back of me with flared nostrils and i throw my phone on my bed, flopping down and shutting my eyes. eventually i fall into a deep sleep, thoughts running through the pathways of my mind.

-

white walls surround me, sounds of trumpets fill the small room. the noise intensifies as i near the wall to my right, pushing my hand through the white paint. my fingers pass through the wall like water and my whole body steps through.

a wired skeleton blares my eardrums with a glowing trumpet and i attempt to yell yet no sound emerges from my gargling throat. he stays turned around, his long bony fingers playing away.

a giant silver dog jumps up to join him from the blank ground with a screaming bark.

"SOL!" the skeleton turns around, opening his mouth wide to reveal his black sharp teeth.

"SOL!" my mom shakes me awake with her surprisingly strong hands.

"jesus christ what do you want?" i squint at her, the light blinding me from behind her heart shaped face.

"i was trying to tell you, were all going downtown to check out an art event at the gallery."

"when?" i rub my eyes slowly and she backs up, cleaning random things on my dresser.

"we're leaving in half an hour. get ready, you're coming with."

"okay. give me a second." she nods and leaves the room, of course leaving my door open because who the fuck knows how to close the door in this house.

i get up, throwing on a red hoodie from my hometown and a pair of ripped jeans. i slip on my vans and grab my phone, shoving it in my pocket. since i wasn't wearing makeup today i just swipe some black mascara to my lashes and jog downstairs, still groggy from my nap and hair in a messy high pony.