6

"he didn't." my mouth drops open in awe, grayson's telling me some story about how his brother blindfolded him and got a tattoo on his foot.

"he did. i was so confused up until i felt the needle, honestly i thought it might be a penis." he grins at his memories, staring out across the city.

he had set up a nice little picnic sorta thing on a hill overlooking san francisco.

"that's so funny." i laugh loudly, my eyes squinting.

"i still have it!" he smiles, kicking his shoe off and lifting his foot up. i tilt my head to read it. it's faded ink with the word ethan and a heart around it, an arrow piercing the line.

"at least it's just on your foot."

"can you imagine him putting it on my forehead or something?"

"that's where laser tattoo removal comes in handy." i muse, leaning back on my forearms with my legs stretched in front of me.

"that's where revenge comes in handy." he scoots ever so slightly closer to me so his thigh is brushing mine.

"this view is really beautiful." i sigh.

"i want to make a cheesy remark but i cringe every time it comes out of anyone's mouth."

"he thought the view was pretty, and i thought he was fucking hideous." i let out an ugly laugh and he playfully holds his hand to his chest in hurt.

"i'm just kidding. you're not hideous, you're just ugly."

"you're mean."

"i'm kidding again. you're SMOKIN." i poke his bicep with my index finger while he laughs.

"i wish i could say the same for you."

"hey! we both know i'm hot as hell."

"true." he nods slightly and i blush.

"so where does your brother live." my mouth goes against wesleys voice replaying in my head.

"what?" he seems taken aback. his head turning towards mine quickly.

"ethan? where does he live?" my mouth keeps moving despite my brain screaming at me to stop. something in grayson switches, his smile fades and his eyes darken.

"he went missing. four months ago."

i stay silent, not knowing what to say. obviously there's not point in asking if he's okay. he's not. so i just fully sit up and grab his large hand.

"thank you... for not asking if i'm okay." he presses his plump lips together in a closed mouth smile, but it doesn't seem to reach his eyes.

we stay quiet for about five minutes before packing everything up and driving back. the car ride held a certain dullness in the air as he drove. he just didn't want to talk at the moment.

"thank you grayson. i had a really nice time." i smile and peck his stubble peppered cheek before getting out of his car and slowly stepping up my porch stairs. grayson drives away when i reach the door, a large weight resting on my shoulders. i watch as another car pulls away from the curb across the street, the driver hidden by sunglasses and a ball cap. the second person takes the same path as grayson's, speeding to catch up.

"hm, i didn't realize mrs johnson got a new car." i mumble to myself, she usually drove a beat up sedan.

-

after laying in bed pondering about grayson's brother, my phone lights up. it's an instagram DM.

-

user78923

don't try to run sol

i know exactly where you are, if you tell anyone about our little secret i'll have to pay your little boyfriend a visit.

-

once again the block button is at my fingertips, cutting off contact with him.

boyfriend? i don't-

grayson.

oh my god. he was the one in that car.

he knows where i live.

why now? it was a year ago. he could've done anything while i was in roseville but no. he decides to ruin the chances i had of having a clean slate.

he's getting revenge because of what i did after he hurt me.