Chapter 13

-Sydney-

Sydney woke up the next morning, her legs entertwined with Bruno's and the blankets tangled around her body. She managed to unwrap herself from the blanket to sit up, finding Bruno still asleep and their clothes scattered on the floor. She smiled as last night's events flooded her mind; Last night was one of the most amazing nights in her life, even if the day didn't start off as good. She ran a hand through her bright red hair and looked over at Bruno, finding him lying on his stomach, his back muscles tightening every time he breathed in. He looked so cute, with his fuzzy hair in his eyes, his soft lips parted as he breathed. 

Sydney laid on her side, facing him, watching as he slept. He looked so peaceful and content and she wondered if last night was on his mind. She smiled once more, running her fingers over the scratches she left, then she pressed a kiss to his cheek before getting up. She let out a slight moan of pain as she stood, her body sore from last night, but it wasn't as painful as when her brother forced her into doing it. 

She sighed, then took one of Bruno's button-up shirts from the closet, pulling it on. She buttoned it, then pulled on a new pair of panties before heading downstairs. She was about to cross the living room when she spotted someone sitting on the couch. She turned to look over, finding Demi, lounged on the couch, flipping through a parental magazine. 

"Hey Dems" The red-head greeted. 

Demi looked up and took in Sydney's apparel, smirking, "i take it things went well between you and Bruno" she commented, putting the magazine down. 

Sydney blushed deeply, nodding, "yeah, it did" she smiled. 

Demi smiled, "aw, how cute" she said, then slowly got up, careful not to move too fast. "so, how was it?" she asked, a slight grin playing on her lips. 

Sydney looked down, blushing further, "it... it was amazing. He was so sweet last night" she smiled. 

"Aww, that's good. I'm glad you had fun" Demi returned the smile, then crossed over to Sydney. 

Sydney nodded, then headed into the kitchen, opening the fridge. "You hungry, Dems?" she asked. 

Demi shook her head, "na, i already ate" she said. 

"Okay, just making sure. Remember, you're eating for three." Sydney teased.

"I'm sure" Demi smiled, then followed Sydney into the kitchen, watching as the red-head cooked. "You know how to cook?" she asked. 

Sydney nodded, "yeah, i mean, my step-parents never did, so i had to learn how to do it" she shrugged. 

Demi watched, leaning against the counter, "so... Phil told me about what happened after i left" she said. 

Sydney sighed, "yeah, i'm sure he did."

"I'm sorry about that, Syd. If i had stayed longer, i could've helped you" The brunette said. 

"No, don't worry about it, Dems. Bruno and Phil stopped Jay from hurting me. Besides, you're pregnant, i don't want you risking anything by trying to help me" Sydney said. 

Demi sighed, nodding, "i know, but i still feel bad." she said. 

"Well, don't. Don't worry about me" Sydney said, giving Demi a soft smile. 

"You know i can't do that, Syd. You're my best friend's girlfriend. You're also my best friend, i don't want anything to happen to you" Demi said. 

Sydney sighed, then nodded, "okay, thank you Dems, i appreciate that" she smiled, then finished cooking. She put the food on a plate, then placed it on the table, "i'll go wake Bruno" she said. She headed upstairs, then went into the room. She saw that Bruno was still asleep, lying on his back now. She climbed up onto the bed, then leaned down and kissed his lips softly.