Chapter 8

-Sydney-

It's been about a week that Sydney's stayed with Bruno and the two were closer than ever. Sydney moved into Bruno's room, still afraid to sleep alone, but other than that, she was doing better. Ever since she left her hellhouse, she began improving:

her skin was returning to it's original healthy glow, her green eyes had a slight glimmer of hope and she smiled a bit more. However, not only were her dreams haunted by Jay, but now that she was 'living' with Bruno, they were filled with wild fantasies about him. Each morning, she either woke up in a cold sweat in fear of her brother, or with her cheeks flushed with lust towards Bruno. It amazed her how vivid the dreams became when Bruno was in them and thankfully, she was a quiet sleeper, so he had no clue she was dreaming about him.

One morning, however, she didn't know how to react when she woke up and went down to the kitchen. Just as she was about to greet Bruno, a brunette ran in and hugged Bruno from behind.

"Bru!" The girl greeted.

"Hey Demi" Bruno greeted back with a smile.

"Guess what?" She asked, smiling brightly, pulling away, moving to lean against the counter.

"What's up?" He asked.

"I'll give you a hint: i won't be wearing tight pants for the next few months" she said.

Bruno looked at her, furrowing his brows in confusion.

When he didn't guess, Demi sighed, before smiling more, "i'm pregnant!" She squealed.

Bruno's eyes widened in surprise, "wow Demz, congrats!" He smiled.

"Thanks" she said.

"Have you told him yet?" Bruno asked, leaning his hip against the counter.

"Not yet, i wanted to tell you first. What kind of best friend would i be if you weren't the first to know" She grinned.

"Why, i feel honored, Demi" Bruno teased, grinning back.

Sydney sighed in obvious relief when she heard 'best friend', but she didn't understand what she was so worried about. Bruno would've told her he had a girlfriend. She shrugged it away, then stepped into the kitchen.

Bruno looked up, meeting Sydney's eyes, giving her a sweet smile that she loved so much. "Mornin' Sydney" he said.

Demi turned around and smiled at Sydney, "oh! So -you're- the famous Sydney. Bruno's told me -so- much about you! And I mean that literally, he would just not shut up about you"

Bruno blushed when Sydney looked at him.

"Really?" She asked him.

He smiled sheepisly, "kinda."

"He's in denial. I'm Demi, Bruno's best friend" Demi introduced, holding her hand out for Sydney to shake.

Sydney smiled, "i know who you are, i love your music. You're my favorite female singer. Both you and Bruno are my inspirations" she said, shaking Demi's hand.

"Aw, thank you, i'm happy you said that" Demi smiled, then sighed, "well, i gotta run, see you two later. It was nice meeting you, Sydney" she said, giving them a wave before leaving.

"I didn't know you were best friends with Demi Lovato" Sydney said, looking at Bruno.

"Sorry Syd, guess i should've mentioned it" he said.

She smiled, "it's okay, i'm just surprised" she said.

Bruno smiled back, "okay" he replied, then turned back to cooking.