Chapter 12

-Sydney-

Sydney was in the shower by the time Demi left. She thought over their conversation and felt a flutter settle in her heart. Hopefully she can follow through with her plan to show Bruno what she really wanted. When Sydney finished, she left the bathroom after getting dressed, then her phone rang, so thinking it was Bruno, she picked up. "hey, how's everything going." she greeted with a smile, which soon faded when she heard the voice on the other end respond. 

"I know where you are, you little bitch. I will come and get you. Don't think your little boyfriend's gonna stop me"

"How'd you get my new number?" 

"Shut up, you whore, i'm coming to get you" 

"No, Jay... Don't... I don't want to go home" Sydney pleaded, panic settling in her stomach.

"Too fucking bad, you're coming with me whether you like it or not" he said, hanging up. 

She slid down the wall, sitting on the floor as tears came to her eyes. She didn't want to leave. She was finally happy, -safe-. She didn't want to lose this feeling, or better yet, lose -Bruno-. Tears rolled down her cheeks, dripping on the floor, then after a while of sitting numbly, she heard a car pull up. She slowly rose, then headed downstairs, peeking out the window, seeing Jay's car. Letting her fear drive her, she raced into the kitchen, hiding behind the door.

The door opened and Jay walked in, looking around for her. "Where are you, you slut?" 

She stayed silent, closing her eyes, praying he wouldn't walk into the kitchen, but unfortunately, he did. 

Jay stepped into the kitchen, then glanced over and saw her behind the door. He advanced on her, grabbing a fistful of her hair, dragging her out of her hiding place. 

Sydney whimpered, tears prickling at her eyes from the pain and fear. 

"You're coming with me" he growled, then yanked her hair, pulling her along. 

She fought against him, wrenching his hand away from her hair, swatting him away. 

He turned to glare at her, then grabbed her by her waist, throwing her over his shoulder. 

"No! Let me go! Put me down!" Sydney yelled and pleaded, punching at his back, struggling to break free. 

Jay carried her into the living room, throwing her down on the couch, getting on top of her. 

She pushed him away, "no, get away!!!" she yelled, trying to kick at him, but he grabbed her legs, pinning her down. 

"Stop it, Jay! Get off!" She pleaded, tears falling as she panicked. She knew what was going to happen. Jay said so himself, he was going to get back at her. He was going to hurt her again. 

Jay ignored her pleas, reaching to rip her shirt off when he was suddenly grabbed. 

"You're messin' with the wrong crowd, buddy" Phil said as he pulled Jay away from Sydney, Bruno rushing to the red-head's side. 

"Get off me!" Jay yelled, struggling against Phil. 

"How about you and i have a little chat?" Phil said, pulling Jay along. 

"Sydney, are you okay?" Bruno asked, brushing her hair out of her face, his other hand moving to her stomach. 

Sydney shook her head, burying her face into Bruno's chest. 

Bruno held her close, stroking her hair, pulling her up so she was sitting, "it's okay, Syd, i got you. I'm here now" he said, rocking her gently.