Chapter 6: The search for Sarah

In this chapter you are Thranduil. I'm Sorry I did not continue on the last part!

Thranduil's POV

''Have you found her?'' I ask while I stand up of my throne. ''No my lord, but we keep searching. Maybe a few guards can go to Laketown?'' The guard asks. I point my finger to the gate as a 'yes' sign. I walk down the stairs, and to my room. Someone knocks on the door. ''Did you find her?'' I say in full hope. ''No, My Lord, but do you want a cup of tea?'' The maid asks. I shook my head and the maid disappeared. I sat down on my bed and was looking to a drawing. We went specially to a draughtsman for that day, her 114th birthday.

*********Flashback*********

I knocked on Sarah's door. She was still asleep and I walked quietly to her bed. ''Happy Birthday!'' I yelled. She was looking at me with those 'don't wake me yet' eyes. ''Come on, out of your bed, I have a suprise!'' ''A suprise?!'' She asked and hopped out of bed. ''Put your most confortable clothes on, We going to make a trip.'' I said and I walked out of the room. ''A trip? To were?'' She asked but I walked away. ''Get our coats.'' I said to one of the maids. She returned with my red velvet coat and Sarah's blue one. Short after, Sarah walked in. ''You look beautifull.'' I said and I walked to her and gave her coat to her. We walked out of the gates. Two white horses were ready. ''Am I going to ride a horse?!'' She sounds exited. ''Yes you are.'' Sarah runs to the horse and jumped on the back. ''Come dad!'' She yelled. It gave me shivers when she called me dad. Even I'm not her real dad, I care about her. With a little help of the guards I climb on my horse. ''Wel were are we going?'' Sarah asked. ''Were do you want to go?'' I saw a smile on her face. I knew were she want to go. ''Oh really?! I want to Laketown!'' She answered. We were riding on our horse to the port of Laketown. We stepped on the boat. ''Thanks dad.'' She said and she gave me a hug. I didn't say anything but I hugged her back.

When we are at Laketown and Sarah lives her eyes out. Every one welcomed us. She walked towards me. ''Should we make one of those?'' She was pointing at a painting made of charcoal. ''Of course dear.'' And we walked to the draughtsman. We sat there for a hour. ''Here my King, it is ready.'' The draughtsman said. It was a beautifull painting almost real. But Sarah looked not happy. ''What is wrong dear?'' I asked worried. She was pointing at the scar. ''I don't like that.'' I stroke her hair. ''It is something that makes you special dear.'' I said and she smiled. ''No.'' She said. ''I don't want it, sorry.'' And she walked away. I looked at the draughtsman. ''I want it.'' I said and I gave him the money. We were on our way home. ''You took the painting, didn't you dad?'' I could only smile. She poked me. ''Hé, don't poke me!'' I said and I poked her back. We starded a little poke-fight. ''Ahem. Sir we arived.'' The man said. We took our horses and riding back to the palace.

It was evening when we arrived at the palace. ''It was a nice day.'' Sarah said. She gave me a kiss om my cheek and walked to her room. I walked to my room and I put the painting on the ground next to my bed. I was staring at the picture.

*******End flashback******

I stand up from my bed. ''Maybe I wasn't a good father, maybe she walked away because I gave her the debt.'' I slammed against he wall cried her name with tears in my eyes. ''I had to tell her what happened that day. I had to tell her earlier. Now she thinks I'm the bad one.'' I couldn't stop crying. While I cry I put on my night clothes and stepped in my bed. ''I hope Thorin didn't tell her his way of the story. The wrong way. I had to tell her the truth when she asked me.'' I was talking to myself. Me Thranduil, the great Elven King, was talking to himself. I turned around and tears rolling down my cheek. Then suddenly someone was knocking on the door. I wiped my tears away quickly. ''Come in.'' I said. The door opend slowly. For a split second, I hoped it was Sarah. Legolas walked in. ''Dad, are you alright?'' He asked and he walked to me. ''Yes I'm fine.'' I said and I sat up. ''No you're not.'' Legolas said and he tried to look me in the eye. I looked at him and I saw tears in his eyes to. ''I'm sorry father, I had to be nicer to Sarah.'' I was looking to the ground. "It is not your fault, Legolas. She decided to leave us. Because she heard the truth from Thorin. But his truth was a lie." I put my face in my hands. Legolas put an arm around me. "Father, she will return." Legolas said and he left the room.

It was midnight. I couldn't sleep. I put my robe on and walked out of my room to Sarah's room. I lay down on her bed. I looked out of the window. If she returned I'll give her the greatest party. I felt asleep in her bed.

(this is the day Sarah sailed away from Laketown to the Lonely Mountain)

I woke up and looked around. It took a while before I realized I was in Sarah's room. I stand up and walked to the door. When I opened it I saw Legolas. ''What are you doing in Sarah's room?'' He asked. ''I..I..-'' ''Well its okay.'' Legolas said. I walked to the diner room for breakfast. For the first time, I dindn't sat at the head of the table. I sat on Sarah's place and Legolas sat at the opposite of me. ''Legolas? Do you think I was a bad father for Sarah?'' I asked nervous for his answer. "Father.'' Legolas began and he walked to me. ''I think you're the best dad ever!'' He said.''But for Sarah?'' I asked and tears were climbing up in my eyes. ''Maybe you had to tell her earlier, but that doesn't matter. What matters is that she will return. And she will, as soon she hear the truth.'' Legolas took the chair next to me. ''But will Thorin tell her?'' We were talking for a long time. We talked about the good things and the bad things. Sarah asked me a lot of times why she had dark hair, last time. I always answered the same: ''If you don't look like me, It doesn't mean you're not mine.

The sun was down and I sat on my throne. The moon filled Mirkwood with white light. I was staring at the gate. In full hope it opend and Sarah walked in. It was her choice to go with them, But there was a dragon in the mountain. Was Thorin crazy? It was late and I went to my room. Staring at the picture in hope Sarah didn't die. I hear knocking. I didn't look at the door. I knew it was Legolas. ''Come in.'' I say. ''Sir.'' I turn around immediately. ''Yes?'' I say and I walk to the guard. ''We found her, she is in Laketown.'' I walk past the guard. ''Quick make everything ready, we're going to Laketown!'' I say while I was running to the gate, with a smile on my face.