33-The End Of The Year

When asked to recount that particular moment, hovering in the air, exhausted, pressurised, to see James Potter catch the Snitch and secure Gryffindor a 250-50 victory, five points in the school league, and consequently the Quidditch Cup for the first time in over a decade, Sephy Cardale wouldn't have been able to tell you a single thing.

James, however, remembered it all perfectly clearly.

As the realisation dawned on everyone as to what had just happened, you wouldn't have seen a more excited​ Gryffindor crowd, and probably never would again.

Sephy was the first to reach James, touching down, dropping her broom where she landed and leaping on him, flinging her arms round his neck and squealing like a banshee.

Kennedy arrived next, piling on so hard it nearly knocked the celebrating pair over, and beginning a strange simultaneous bouncing dance that would continue for the rest of the evening.

Then, the Carters and Halley, who refined the group a bit, and they reorganised themselves into a massive group hug, Sephy still screaming, Halley and the Carters joining her, while James and Kennedy merely whooping loudly many, many times.

All six, however, were taken by surprise when they were surrounded by cheering Gryffindors and lifted up into the air, serenaded with something James reckoned would become a classic in its time; 'Go Go Gryffindor'.

Sephy squealed in surprise as she was hoisted higher than the rest, and carried over to where McGonagall stood, beaming, holding out the Quidditch Cup.

"I think" she shouted to Sephy over the gleeful screeches of the Gryffindors. "That there might be something in the way of a party prepared in your common room, if you'll be happy to lead this mass Exodus off the pitch."

"Thank you, Professor" Sephy beamed, holding the trophy aloft, hereby increasing the volume of the crowd by superhuman levels.

"Ladies and Gentlemen!" she shouted, but she wasn't heard. McGonagall muttered a spell and put her wand to Sephy's throat as she tried again.

"Ladies and Gentlemen-Ooh, that's cool, I sound like a tannoy system-Anyway, Ladies and Gentlemen, if you will be so kind as to make your ways up to the Gryffindor Common Room, I am delightfully informed by our charming Head of House that there might be something in way of a celebration up there. Thank you."

Everyone laughed at Sephy's little joke, including McGonagall, and shouts of 'QUEEN' and 'LONG LIVE CAPTAIN CARDALE' were heard above the general cheering.

Sephy, Halley, James, the Carters, and Kennedy were escorted up to the castle on the shoulders of a wave of celebration, one which had now reverted back to Sirius's latest chant:

Car-dale, Car-ter, Car-ter, Der-went, Ken-ned-y, JOOOONESIE! POTTER POTTER POTTER POTTER POTTER POTTER POTTER POTTER POTTER POTTER POTTER POTTER POTTER...

Halley squealed as she had to lie flat to get under a doorframe, before joining in with the 'JOOOONESIE!" as the chant came around again.

The Quidditch team were paraded very dangerously up the moving staircases, and as James turned to Sephy, he saw her facepalm.

"What?" he hollered over the noise.

"I forgot to take this out of my pocket!" Sephy yelled back, holding up the Captain's band. "I played the whole game with this in my pocket!"

"Put it on, then, before someone notices!" James shouted, laughing. "Captain Cardale!"

"Yes, Vice-Captain Potter!" Sephy replied, before wrinkling her nose.