13-Gryffindor V Ravenclaw

"Place your bets! Place your bets! Biggest game of the season! Gryffindor V Ravenclaw, some say that this is the ultimate battle for second place, since Slytherin are probably gonna win anywa-"

"Don't be so pessimistic" Halley chided a little third year Gryffindor boy, who was rattling a little tin of betting money while standing on the gate to the Quidditch grounds, squeaking his slogan for all to hear.

"Yeah" Sirius chipped in. "Gryffindor have an excellent side this year. So start showing a bit more house pride."

He shoved the little kid gently, enough to win him a dirty glare from the boy.

"Although, if it makes you more money, mate, you do what you like" Sirius then added, dropping three Sickles into the kid's pot. "Gimme odds two to one on Gryffindor to win."

Remus rolled his eyes and steered Sirius away before he could bet any more. Peter laughed with Halley, and Samantha followed them all, munching away on a packet of sunflower seeds. Since the Animagus Process finished, she had developed quite an addiction, to the point where Halley was convinced that her friend's Animagus was a hamster.

The five of them took their seats, slap bang in the middle of the Gryffindor stands, where they could further amplify the Gryffindor chants they were always so fond of singing.

"Feels like ages since I've been to a proper Quidditch match" Sirius sighed. "A Gryffindor one, anyway."

"I do hope we win" Peter chipped in.

"We should have a pretty good shot" Remus mused. "We know James can out-fly Mikayla Sanderson as Seeker. The Carters and Bleu are performing marvellously, according to Sephy..."

"And she and Nashville are practically psychotic this year" Halley added. "They had a friendly match with Hufflepuff the other week. A friendly match. There were two broken broomsticks and two broken noses by the end."

Samantha snorted into her sunflower seeds.

"Oi, give me some" Halley smirked, fighting a small handful off of her friend. "You're bloody addicted, you are, Hamster-head."

"My Animagus won't be a hamster" Samantha argued. "I don't feel particularly hamster-ish."

At that point, Peter sniffed, doing his mousey nose twitch he had adopted since after the Process. Everyone sniggered.

"Oh, here they come!" Sirius shouted suddenly, as seven scarlet-clad players strolled out onto the pitch.

"And a one, two, three!"

"GRYFFINDOR QUIDDITCH TEAM, WE ALL LOVE YOU, WE DO!
CARTER, CARTER, NASHVILLE, ORSON, POTTER, CARDALE, BLEU!
GRYFFINDOR QUIDDITCH TEAM, ALTHOUGH THEY'RE ONLY FEW,
THEY ARE GONNA SMASH THE EAGLES AND THEY'RE GONNA COME FOR YOU!"

It was an excellent chant that the gang had come up with for that year, and it just carried on the wind, as the entire stand, male and female, was just roaring it at the top of their lungs.

Sirius flashed Halley a wide smile as Ravenclaw marched on to the pitch too, and the roar of the crowd on the opposite side to them got even louder.

Silence fell as the two captains shook hands. Then, the whistle blew, and the game was on.

Ravenclaw got possession, one of their Chasers instantly streaking off to the Gryffindor hoops. There was a Bludger on her tail, though, and with a helpful smack from Nashville it knocked her off course. Bleu picked up, and, after dodging a Ravenclaw tackle using his newfound swerve technique, pelted up to the Ravenclaw goal hoops and took a shot. Their Keeper, a stout young boy, got a hand to it but didn't catch it, and one of the Carter twins scooped it up and passed it back to Bleu, who took another shot.