17-THE QUIDDITCH WORLD CUP

"I'm so excited!"

"We know."

"But we're actually going! AAAAAAAHHHH!!"

The seven friends, along with Sephy's parents, had been walking for about twenty minutes now, and Sephy just hadn't shut up once. After meeting at Kings Cross Station, they had taken a Portkey to the moor where the World Cup was taking place, but the Portkey had been a bit dodgy and they had landed a mile or so off target.

Samantha was walking with Remus and Peter, as Sephy and James were bouncing along and dragging Sirius and Halley along with them.

"I wish I could just change form and fly there" Samantha complained. It would be much quicker."

"Why can't the adults just Apparate us, is what I want to know" Remus grumbled. The three of them were the less athletic of the seven friends, and weren't taking kindly to the exercise.

"My feet hurt" Peter whined.

"My ears hurt" Samantha corrected with a smile. "But I'm glad Sephy is excited. It is her birthday, after all."

"Chocolate, guys?" Remus asked, pulling a bar from his pocket. "Sustainance for the trek?"

"Please!" Samantha giggled, holding out a hand, and Remus passed some to her then Peter. "How much far is it?"

"Not far!" Sephy overheard them from her place in front. "Just over this hill! Look, you can see the flags!"

They all picked up the pace considerably after that, and a whoosh of noise greeted them as they reached the top of the hill. Flags were flying, a band was playing, and Samantha could definitely make out the sound of bagpipes floating over the breeze.

"Hi there" Sephy's Dad said to the man standing on the gate. "We've booked two tents. Should be under Cardale. An eight man and a two man?"

"Right this way, sir, right this way!" the gate man nodded. "Numbers 339 and 340. Follow the signs."

Sephy linked arms with Samantha and Halley as they followed Sephy's Dad into the crowds of tents and people.

"Look at the Scottish hats!" James was saying. "Blue and white tartan! Amazing."

"I want one of the top hats!" Sirius gasped. Blue with white ribbon. Looks like a Scottish flag. Genius!"

"I take it we're supporting Scotland, then?" Halley called back to them.

"Of course!" Sephy scoffed, as the boys caught up to the girls and they all walked in one big gang. "Mum's half Scottish. Didn't you know? We HAVE to support the Scots!"

"Well then, come on, the bonny lads!" Sirius called out, in a terrible Scottish accent, and everyone punched him. "I want me one of those bonny hats!" he continued, unfazed.

"Shut up, you" Halley laughed. "I think I might buy myself a tartan skirt. Or a scarf."

"They do kilts for girls, you know" Sephy's Mum chipped in, as as they walked.

"THEY DO KILTS?" Sirius gasped again. "I want a kilt!"

"I want a kilt too!" James hollered. "Let's get kilts, Sirius!"

"You've got to wear them to the match!" Sephy giggled, as they found their tent.

"Of course!" Sirius and James both shouted-quite loudly-as they all piled inside. "We're never gonna take the kilts off!"

The seven of them dumped their bags,  and, with a couple of hours before they needed to head to the stadium in hand, together they all charged out to get dressed up as ridiculously as possible in Scottish merchandise. James, Sirius and Peter all bought traditional tartan kilts in dark blue, attempting to persuade Remus to buy one too, but the young werewolf instead opted for tartan trousers, which were far brighter blue and also had white woven in, like the Scottish flag. Halley bought a blue tartan skirt which fit her very nicely, Samantha bought a blue and white scarf, and Sephy bought a huge Scottish flag which she insisted on wearing like a cape over her leather coat. On top of this, Sirius and Sephy both bought huge blue top hats, with white ribbons on, James bought an excessively loud blue and white plastic trumpet which made a huge racket when blown, Peter bought a haggis pie, Remus bought a World Cup annual, Halley and Samantha each bought a lovely blue and white headband with a big blue bow on, and Samantha also bought a set of blue and white face crayons, which set off a whole new level of patriotism.