Chapter 16 : prom day

Nadin's POV

I kept turning to my left and right, I. Couldn't sleep anymore because I have slept for almost the whole day yesterday. It's 3:48am now.

I mean it's almost fajr anyways, so I decided to get up and pray tahajud then recite Quran before fajr.

Assalam alykum warahmatullah w barkatu. I said turning my head to the left. I stoop up, walked to the dresser and picked up my Quran.

It's almost 5 ! Which means fajr time. I stood up on my mat to pray.

****

" oh wow, the dress is not even red, it just gave some red on, I think I might say it's brownish-reddish" I told my self
I can't believe I didn't even know the color of my prom dress. What was my eyes seeing ? What was I thinking ?

****
"Hello, how are you " I asked the person on the other line. " great elhamdulillah, are you ready for later " Hadja asked.

"Speaking of that guess what " I asked with my voice sounding funny.
"What"
"This whole time I thought my dress was red " I said laughing
"Then what color is it"
" it's brownish-reddish".
" at least it has red " she said and I agreed with her.

*****
"Ya Allah, it's almost 1:00 pm, when is this lady gonna finish and turn to me" I whispered to my self as the salon lady was taking long and I've been sitting here for a while now.

"Beep" my phone beeped indicating I got a message. It was from Shams just reassuring things before later. After we finished texting the lady came to give me a pedicure first as I wanted manicure and my hair done too .

At Around 3, she was done and I hurried to my house to go get ready.

"Salam, I'm home " I screamed as I opened the front door and ran to the restroom to take and nice shower again to freshen up.

At this point I don't even know why I did my hair because I'll be wearing my hijab. Silly me.

When I finished taking my shower, I walked to my walk in closet and opened the closet to get my dress out.

I went back to my bed room, sat on the couch then moisturized my self.

I looked at the clock on the wall to check the time and the next thing I did was gasped really loud, it was 4:10pm, the first thing that came to my mind was my make up. It's nothing special really, as I was gonna do my make up myself .

I went to my dresser, got out all my makeup stuff . First I started by doing my eyebrows, then my eyes which included eye shadow, eyeliner then lashes. Then I applied my foundation on and did my contour and last but not least, my red matte lip gloss. I really like how I looked. At about 4:45 I was done and as I already planned, I'll drive myself to prom.

I said my Salam to my family and headed to the garage, incase you didn't already know, I could drive but I don't like driving, I went to a driving school in the beginning of junior year and yeah.

I stood in front of the little screen trying to choose which car I wanna take, finally the silver Chevrolet Camaro attracted my eyes and I just took it and drove straight to Sham's hotel, by the hotel there's this store that sells bow ties and shoes.

It hit me, I remembered I told him my dress was red while in the other hand, it's brownish-reddish.

I got out the car and walked in the store.
"Hello, excuse me" I said poking my head to the side
"How can I help you today ma'am " the guy asked.

"Do you by any chance have a bow tie of this color or close" I asked pointing to my shiny dress.

"We can look for it ma'am "