23- The Journey Begins

Dylan Ψ

Calypso dabbed a washcloth on Carin's forehead.

I bit my fingernails nervously as I gazed down at Carin's unconscious body.

"D-did I kill her?"

Calypso shook her head. "No. She should be waking up soon. But for now, that will give you more time to train, although, considering you won the fight, I doubt you'll need much more."

"It never hurts to train more," Leo responded as he walked into the kitchen.

"I'll meet you out there," I replied. "I just want to stay with Carin a little bit more."

Calypso placed down her washcloth and walked out of the room.

I sat on the couch across from the table Carin laid on. The table was probably not the best place to lay an unconscious human body.

"Hey," Carin groaned as she rubbed her eye.

"Hey," I said.

Carin laid on her back, staring up at the ceiling. "I'll rest up for the rest of the day, and then tomorrow we can find the portal to take us to Egypt."

"That sounds...uh...good," I said.

It was quiet for several seconds. Thoughts and questions swirled in my mind.

"Carin," I began. "Do you really think I could beat enemy magicians in a fight?"

Carin sighed. "I don't know. Magicians are pretty powerful. I'm sure you can take them, but you only have water powers, some magicians know every element, you just have to hope they don't have something that can match you."

***

"So this is where the portal is?" I asked looking up at the entrance to the City Aquarium.

Carin nodded. "I don't know where inside it is, but it would have to be located near something that has to do with ancient Egypt."

"So how did you know this portal is in an aquarium?"

Carin paused for a moment. "I had some help back home. My cousin is really worried about me, but I had him look up some things. I think he's just happy to hear I'm alive."

"So to find this portal we just-"

"Find something of ancient Egypt."

I scratched my head. "But where would we find something Egyptian in a city aquarium?"

"Beats me," she replied as she pushed open the aquarium doors.