Chapter 19

Sam's P.O.V.

          The nurse kept me for a few more days just to make sure I was getting better. I got home Saturday morning, leaving me the weekend to enjoy before going back school. My grades are probably really low and, to top that off, I am going to have people in my face all day asking "Are you alright?" or "what happened?". Don't get me wrong, knowing that people care (probably not everyone, if anyone at all, but curiosity strikes in.) makes me happy, but it will get annoying after a while with everyone in your face and having to keep repeating the same story over and over again (If you even would tell people the story).

    Am I wrong? Do you get me?

Probably not, but oh well.

                Once I got home, I went straight to the kitchen. Yes, I got food at the hospital, but their food isn't 'My favorite' if I could say. My mother walked in behind me helping me walk and making sure I was alright.

        Before I even made it to the kitchen, I stopped. A horrible pain slashes at my heart. Realizing I am actually home and not at the hotel, but in my actual house... the last time I was here, my parents split up.

         Immediately, I turned around. My appetite gone and speed walking past my mother ignoring the concerned look on her face. "Sam? Where are you going?" My mother asks following behind me. Picking up the pace, I go up the stairs as fast as my aching body will let me.

         I get to my room, letting myself in and shutting the door behind me, locking it. I hear my mom get to my door and gently knock. "Sam? What's wrong?" She asks softly, concern in her voice. I plop on my bed, but regretting it. Crossing my legs. My arm still hurts and running up the stairs didn't help. "Yeah..Um, I just uhh wanted some rest?" I mentally face palmed. I was in the hospital for 3 months laying in a bed resting. I don't think I need any more rest.

          My mother sighed, knowing exactly why I ran. "Honey...I know this is hard. Trust me," She paused, hearing the devastation and pure sadness in her voice. "Th-" Not wanting her to continue, I cut her off. "Mother. I'm fine. I just need some time." I trailed off. But to be honest, I am not fine. Not even close. Yeah, I miss my father. My heart hurts and I just wish he didn't make the stupid mistake he did. I miss when I would come home from school and he would ask me how my day was, or the days I was upset and he understood to give me an hour or two to my self, and then ask me later if I was alright. Or when I put on music in the car on my way to school and he would jam out with me, just messing around and being silly. I just miss him...

             My mother let out another sigh, knowing to give me some space. I heard her walk away from my door. I laid back, laying down in my bed carefully. A warm salty taste in my mouth. Quickly wiping my tears away.

~~~~~

              I woke up early on Monday, excited to go back to school to see Olivia and Matt. Yes, Matt. And yes, I really don't mind going to school today. To be honest, being away from school for so long, I actually miss it. I guess people like me just like school.

            I hopped out of bed to get ready for school, jumping in the shower, then getting changed, applying a light layer of makeup, basically just going through my morning routine. The weekened passed by very slow, well for me anyway. Most of my weekend was just in my room, thinking. Until I had to come down to eat, but then I headed right back up to my room.

               Once I was all ready, I texted Olivia asking if she could pick me up this morning.

    Me: Hey, Olivia. I am going to school today. Can you come pick me up? :)