Planning

Haruko POV

After Siera and I left the amusement park, we parted. Haruhi was still there and I ran towards the house. As soon as I got there I ran up the stairs and flopped on my bed.

I put on a head set that came with the suction cup. I twisted the dial only hearing crackling at first. "When are you going to tell her?" a crackly voice came on. "Soon." said the other twin. "She's just . . . amazing." one of them said in awe. "If you don't hurry, then Tamaki is going to whisk her off of her feet." the one I guessed was Kaoru protested. "Do it today. If you don't, you may never get another chance. Here you go." I heard an impatient tap on the ground. Was he trying to ask out my sister. "It's a earbud, I'll coach you." Feet ran off, as I paled. This was going too fast. If Haruhi says yes . . .

"The second phase will have to come earlier than expected." I mumbled to myself. "Hey, Haruhi." it crackled to life again.

It was faint so I guessed that Kaoru was hiding somewhere near by. "Hey, Hikaru. What happened to Kaoru?" she asked. I could barley decipher it because the earbud they had was causing interference with mine. "He had to leave early. Our mom needed him to model something." he answered, quickly. "Cool." she replied. There was silence. "Hurry up." Kaoru growled.

"Haruhi." Hikaru said. "You better not do it, weasel." I muttered under my breath. "Do you want to go out sometime?" he rushed. "Um, sure. Are we going to a restaurant with Kaoru?" she asked.

'My dense little sister.' I sweat-dropped. "No, like . . . a date. Between ourselves." You could tell that he seemed embarrased explaining to her by the way he stumbled over words. "Oh! That kind of 'go out'." she said finally getting it.

"If you want to." she answered him. I could feel her smile through the headphones. "Really?!" he said shocked. " Yeah." she laughed. "Yes!" Kaoru celebrated. "You signed your own death." I bit my lip, drawing blood.

I tried to keep myself from yelling out in frustration. "Haruko will be getting worked up if I don't go home, soon. Bye, Hikaru." I heard her footsteps walk away. "Where are you taking her?" Kaoru asked Hikaru. " To the park at 9 pm. I think I'll kiss her there." Hikaru told him.

"On the first date?" Kaoru questioned. " Not the first. It's the second when she was with her old friend." Hikaru said. " You mean when you were stalking her?" Kaoru said smugly. "I wasn't stalking!" he protested. "Tomorrow at 9."I told myself. It might've been a little earlier than I expected, but my plan would move onward.

"Haruhi . . . " I whispered. "No boy will ever hurt you."

~

Next day

"Hurry up, Haru!" I called out to her. "Says the one who always sleeps in." she complained. Haruhi basically was sleep-walking when she came in last night. She came down, bags under her eyes. "Yesterday was crazy." she yawned.

'You would never guess what's happening today.'I smirked inwardly to myself. "Soon, you'll be safe. From everything." I accidently said, out loud. "What are you talking about?" she nudged me playfully. "I had a nightmare last night." I laughed. I led her out the door and we walked together to school.

As soon as we got there Siera came barreling into me. "You're the abosolute best, Haruko!" she squealed, hugging me. I was weirded out by how she was acting. "Kaoru apologized to me and asked me out on a date tonight!" she said.

"W-where?" I almost stuttered. "The park today at 9." she told me. 'He's more of a weasel than I thought if he's using Siera to spy on his brother. Haruhi shouldn't ever have been associated with them.' I told myself. 'She might be a problem if she sees anything.' I thought.