Plan B

Recappy From the Last Chappy: "Well. . . ." She closed her eyes and reviewed the fight. "He can detach his body parts. That's why there are stitches everywhere on his body. . . . The only other thing I can think of is, one time, there was a . . . beating inside this tangles mass of web. It looked like it had a separate pulse." She opened her eyes. "You don't think . . . a heart?"

"If he has extra hearts, he can replace them if they stop beating. Extra hearts, extra lives." His brow wrinkled in conjecture. "Those monsters are made of the same cables inside his body. They look like they're being controlled by him, too. They probably contain his extra hearts. That's three, plus the one inside him and the one you killed.

"These Akatsuki. . . . One of them's immortal, and the other one you have to defeat five times before he's dead."

Chapter Thirty-five: Plan B

"Good eye," Kakuzu complimented. "You actually think, unlike my partner. Each of these hearts belongs to a shinobi I faced in battle and got the better of. They can easily be replaced; with yours, for example." He looked at Shikamaru directly. "Pity. You could've one day amassed a large bounty in the Land of Shuriken and Kunai."

"For someone who's already down one heart, you're talking kinda big," Hikari scoffed whilst she performed a plus-sign seal with her hands. "This isn't over. Far from it!" Multi-Shadow Clone Jutsu!

Over a hundred doubles came to be under the cover of smoke, though only about one-fifth were of Hikari. The remaining majority evenly split into copies of Sora, Donald, Goofy, and Red XIII; Hane and Shikamaru quickly followed suit.

Sora looked around at all of the clones. She is Naruto's sister. . . .

The wave of clones rushed the Akatsuki pair, appearing in overwhelming numbers and disguising the true individuals. It was likely they were not even among the copies, having used them as a distraction; either way, the only casualty they had to avoid was Hikari's. She could be broken, bruised, and battered, but as long as she was still breathing, it was mission complete.

Hidan took to senselessly swinging his scythe, feeling something of a sadistic joy in the many ways he could slice them; yet, he complained how they did not spill blood.

One of Kakuzu's monsters, a bipedal creature with an almost Cheshire grin lined with red, let its jaw drop, and a small fireball formed between its teeth. Shortly, it released the fiery sphere. While minuscule upon expulsion, the moment it collided with the ground in front of a clone, it exploded into a gargantuan firestorm.

Fire Style: Searing Migraine.

With all the swiftness of a flash flood, the fire washed over an area far and wide, thus sweeping away a large amount of clones and destroying them. Bolts of lightning were expelled from the mouth of another bipedal monster in a spear-like form, also taking out clones.

The immortal cleared a space from the copies completely, and there was a very brief stillness around him. He had his feet planted on the ground firmly and was pulling back on the cable of his scythe to reclaim it when four giant flowers budded on the ground behind him.

The buds burst into blossoms, releasing copies of Hane from the confines of their petals. The one closest to him held a kunai that he prepared to slice with as he leapt at the man; the two on the sides threw shuriken that curved around the clone and cut into Hidan's arms.

The Wind beast jumped on the other side of Hidan and performed its jutsu, in absolute disregard for the immortal in its line of fire. Although he had been preparing to swing and cut the clones, they were all blown away by a hemispheric blast of wind; the immortal appeared to be untouched.