Logic Means Nothing

Author's note: Now, it's been brought to my attention in the previous chapter that when Riku spoke Hiki's name, some thought it was a mistake; au contraire, it was indeed on purpose. This will make sense as the plot goes on (and trust me I am working on it as best I can) but it may be confusing to you now; I honestly don't know how to explain it else wise, though: Riku knows a Hiki, but he doesn't know that the Hiki he saw is Hiki. How Riku knows that Hiki will come into light later on, but I will be dropping clues here and there along the way.

By the way, for those of you that thought "Hiki" was supposed to be pronounced "Hee-kee," it actually is meant to be pronounced like "hickie" :D That is why "people think it's funny." The spelling is the way it is simply because of the spelling of "Hikari." Get it? Got it? Good :D That's all I have to say, please read on! Thanks for reading, and God bless!

[{X♥X}]

Recappy from the Last Chappy: Then, she tried focusing ahead of herself, where sure enough, she saw Sora, Donald, and Goofy; Kurenai's chakra network was visible, as well. They were still a ways ahead. She noted that, strangely, she did not see Alice or the boy anywhere, but there were plenty of Heartless here and there.

Closing her eyes, she tried to deactivate the byakugan, and the veins sank back into her skin. It was with such ease, she felt as if Neji's sureness with the eyes came into her through the gem, when she used it. She would test that theory more thoroughly, later, when she tried Hyuuga techniques she had viewed.

Opening her eyes, she saw that the Cheshire Cat was gone.

Chapter Seven: Logic Means Nothing

Kurenai, Sora, Donald, and Goofy exited from the Lotus Forest into a garden set up for a tea party. A long table was in the center, covered by a pink table cloth. Pots, dishes, cups, saucers, and other dishware were set on top of the cloth, in front of many chairs of different shapes, sizes, and compositions. Paintings were in each seat.

All of the images were either destructive or disturbing. At the head of the table was the mildest of them, including two figures crying hysterically. One of them was a brown hare in a red jacket, and his mussed demeanor seemed close to lunacy. His companion was a small man, exceeding that, with a large nose, oversized green hat, and mustard suit; frizzed white hair frilled from beneath his hat.

The chair closest to them was the one with the Queen of Hearts losing her heart to the Trickmaster. Another one included Kurenai losing her heart. Some included decapitations. The one that drew their attention the most, withal, was one in which the Trickmaster was parading around a scene similar to the Tea Party Garden in which they stood.

Hedges surrounded the area, with the exception of the little white wooden gate they had entered through and a cottage on the left. It had a straw roof, and was made of lopsided grey brick, but still seemed stable.

Kurenai pointed at it. "That's Yakumo's cottage," she said, seemingly undaunted by the painting. Yet, on the inside, the rate of her heart quickened, as if reassuring her that it was present. "She should be in the-"

The painting at the head of the table, with the March Hare and the Mad Hatter, fell forward revealing Yakumo's profile. Her face was buried in her knees as she sobbed, and in front of her were two Card Soldiers with bloodshot eyes and drool dripping from their mouths; they were under the influence of genjutsu.

Quickly, Kurenai ran parallel with the table, toward Yakumo, and turned the corner. At Yakumo's side, she dropped to her knees and the young teen threw herself at her. Kurenai embraced her comfortingly.

"Kurenai-sensei. . . ."

"Everything's alright, Yakumo," Kurenai said with a relieved smile. "I will definitely protect you."