Filling The Gap

David’s POV

It’s been two weeks since this whole golden eyes thing and it’s been bugging me. Melinda hasn’t come by in a while, which would actually be a good thing except for the fact that she may have some answers.

When I woke up from my nightmare, I couldn’t remember anything. I could only focus on what was in front of me. And that was the large cut along Giovanna’s arm.

I caused that.

It was the loudest thought that went through my mind. Her silence just kept me going. I hurt her. I caused her to bleed. It reminded me of something. It made me touch my upper arm. It made me think of what I did to myself months before. What helped me right my note.

She doesn’t know. I don’t want her to know. Not that part of me. I can’t tell her. Any of it.

I shouldn’t even be thinking about it. The scars may still be there, but my urge to do it is gone. But just seeing her blood sent me on an internal rampage. Then she finally spoke. God I was so wrapped up in it all. That is, until I saw myself in the mirror. Gold eyes. Who the fuck has golden eyes? Apparently I do. Well did. They went back to normal after 20 minutes. But what the hell was it? It’s never happened to me before. 

Now here we are, two weeks later and still no answer. It’s been frustrating, let me tell you. We haven’t told Josh yet. He’s been attached to the hip to Nick since day one. And Nick doesn’t know anything about my curse. I don’t want him to. Giovanna and Linda think that they’re a cute couple, but I still don’t like him. No matter how much I have to pretend to.

I just didn’t think that they’d be so attached that it would lead to this.

“We’re leaving together,” Josh said.

“Wait what?” Giovanna asked in misbelief.

Yeah what was he saying?

“Well I need to head back home, but we hate this long distance relationship. We want to be closer together,” Nick said

“So you want to move in together?” I asked.

“Yes,” Josh replied.

“Don’t you think this is a little fast?” I asked.

“No.”

“So you’re just going to leave here? With what? A few days notice?”

“We’ve still got a week. I wouldn’t just leave without a notice, David. You know me better than that.”

“Yeah well, I didn’t know you were dating him. Or you were this serious with him,” I mumbled.

“Well it’s not like I’m the only one who has secrets here. Like I didn’t know your eyes turned gold,” he snapped back.

Giovanna gasped while Nick just looked confused. How did he find out? Did Linda tell him?

We may have told Linda, but we couldn’t tell Josh. He was always with Nick. And it’s not like we can just go around telling people I’m a beast. Especially Nick. I wouldn’t here the end of it from him.

“What is he talking about?” Nick asked, looking at Josh hesitantly.

“Nothing. I was experimenting with contacts and something happened. It wasn’t important,” I say through my teeth.

“What’s so special about contacts?” Nick asked.

“Um they’re expensive and can be very uh dangerous! Yeah, dangerous!” Giovanna said.