Frustrating Little Beast

A/N I'm back! Testing is now over and I can finally continue writing. I've got a lot of things planned and I'm super excited to write them all out. I tried making this one extra long because of that 2 week gap. And since break will be coming in shortly, that means more chapters! I also want to say thank you to everyone who's read, comment, voted, etc. This story has come a long way since August and I couldn't have done it without any of you guys. Enjoy the chapter and please vote/comment/share!

Giovanna’s POV

What have I gotten myself into? Honestly I should’ve just said no. Daniel is a really nice guy...And you can tell where I’m heading with this. I just don’t feel anything. But I can’t just hurt him like that!

What about David?

Ah yes, David. I am possibly the worst liar ever. And then I feel guilt! I have been feeling so guilty since the kiss. All I want to do is scream into a pillow, but Daniel has been with me all day. Then when David said he was stepping out, I could tell he was on edge. And I knew somehow it was my fault. But why should he feel like that? Honestly, I was surprised when he agreed to stay with us in the library. Surprised, grateful, and slightly relieved.

David sat with his back towards us, but I could tell he wasn’t entirely reading. His head would be upright as if he were watching the fire. I tried focusing on my book, but it was pretty hard. My thoughts would not shut up. Eventually Daniel stretched and announced his retirement. He kissed me on the cheek as I said good night, while David hardly made a sound. Now I had to face the awkwardness that was to come. Minutes, felt like hours, passing so slowly. That is, until David swirled himself around and looked straight into my eyes. My breathing hitched at the sight. His face was flushed from the outside, red lips, blazing eyes. His black hair was a bit messy, probably from the wind, but looked adorable on him.

Why am I letting myself notice him in such a way? Why am I complimenting his appearance much less, pointing out every detail?

Because you like it.

That’s it. The small voice that I’ve kept away has broken free; ready to wreak havoc amongst me.

No. No. He’s my friend.

Just keep thinking that.

Well don’t I have a sassy self-conscious.

“So you two are together now? Did it happen before or after you lied to me?”

My heart skipped a beat at his sudden words. I felt my hands become clammy at my nervousness. How was I supposed to respond?

“David, please just listen to me.”

“I know what happened. I don’t need you to explain.”

“Yes you do. It’s not what it looks like.”

“I know what I saw. Lying just made it worse.”

“If you saw us, then why didn’t you say anything?”

Got him there.

“You seemed just as surprised as I was,” he said.

“Hell yeah I was!”

“You should’ve just told me the truth,” he mumbled.

“I didn’t know how to.”

“You still haven’t answered my first question.”

“It’s... complicated.”

“Really? Thanks for explaining, clears things up quite nicely.”