Fixing Home

A/N I was really hoping that I could post more often, but things have been super crazy at my house. This chapter was a big pain to write, so I hope you guys like it. Please Vote/Comment/Share

Giovanna’s POV

“I found him! I found him! I found him!”

Those words were being repeated over and over again until they reached my hallway and became perfectly clear. My head shot up from hanging and my body straightened instead of slumping against the wall. David came running towards me with Matt on his back, giggling. I don’t know what happened, but I was just happy to see him. I got up from the ground and ran over to David.

“Where was he? How’d you find him? Mathew Jonathon you worried me!”

“I know. I’m sorry.”

Matt looked sincere about his apology and he knows how serious I am when I use his middle name.

I sighed, “I’m just glad he found you. Where was he?”

“I caught him in the library.”

He smiled sheepishly. “You never got to read me the rest of The Phantom of the Opera.”

I let out a relieved laugh, but my growling stomach decided to interrupt it.

“We forgot about lunch! You hungry Matt? I’m sure something’s cooking in the kitchen,” David said.

As we walked through the hallways, Josh caught up with us. But by now, we were making a sluggish pace due to David getting tired because of the ten year old on his back

“I see you two are finally talking again,” Josh said.

“Why weren’t you talking?” Matt asked.

“Well, you see erm...” David started.

“We lost our voices! Yea, we were um cheering on a game on the TV.”

“Okay.”

Matt just shrugged it off. We walked off to the kitchen with small talk to fill the quietness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Lunch seemed quick compared to the rest of the day. I estimated that we had about 4 hours until I would have to tell Gina the truth. And until then, I let loose. David wanted to smoosh everything that could be done in these hours. We created a band even though Josh, Matt, and me are rusty on our instruments. We played a numerous amount of board games, excluding Monopoly (we all know how long that game can last). We made sculptors and splattered paint on them. It was room after room after room. Eventually, we all became tired. After dragging ourselves into the library, we dropped ourselves onto the couches. Matt picked up his book and proceeded to read it. Josh, David, and me on the other hand, almost passed out due to exhaustion. But, Matt didn’t even seemed that tired. The occasional yawns here and there, but nothing compared to how we were trying to keep out eyes open.

 My eyes flung open at the realization that I fell asleep. Josh and David were sprawled all over the couch, squishing me onto the side. I stretched, catching Matt’s attention. He lifted his head from his book and smiled. I checked the grandfather clock to see that it read 5:30.

Half hour left.

“Nice of you to join me.”

“Nice to be acknowledged.”

“So how’s life in the castle been?”

“Same old, same old. Nothing’s changed much. What about home? Anything new?”