The Unexpected Sleepover

A/N So the story should be going faster after this chapter. School hasn't been so bad, but still tons of things to do. Hope you guys enjoy it!

I don’t know when, but we all fell asleep on my bed. Luckily the thing was big enough to hold all of us. I checked the clock. 2:34 A.M. Josh was snoring and curled up in a ball, while David wasn’t afraid to spread himself out. Thankfully he didn’t snore, otherwise I don’t think it would’ve been a possibility to go back to sleep. I slowly got up from the bed and let my eyes adjust to the darkness. My throat was dry from sleeping with my mouth open. God I hated that feeling.

Tea would be good right about now.

I crept out into the hallway, excited about my hot cup of tea. I tried remembering landmarks to find the kitchen and this time I actually made it without losing my way.

I was used to the dark, so when I turned on the light my eyes became slits trying to adjust. Slowly, I opened them wider until I could make the place out. I found the tea easily, but there were no mugs in sight.

“Where the hell can I find a mug around here?”

Maybe I can use a bowl.

I swatted at the stupid thought. The kitchen was huge and would be any chef’s dream. I would appreciate it more if I could cook anything. My mom was an amazing chef. She made awesome dishes and we would bake all the time. But, of course she would do most of the baking while I just mixed the contents in the bowl.

I checked all of the lower cabinets and I was dreading the upper ones. 5’3 isn’t a bad height for reaching things, but being as clumsy as I, my fear was breaking anything. But by the time I reached the fourth upper cabinet, I didn’t care.

“Screw this I’m using a bowl,” I muttered.

At least I remembered where the bowls and spoons were kept.

“And yet it takes forever to find a stupid mug.”

I went over to the sink and thank goodness there was a boiling water lever. I hate boiling water for tea. It takes way too long and I always lose the craving when it’s finally finished.

I filled the bowl halfway with hot water, and I let the mint tea sit for a little bit. I wrapped the bag around the spoon and let the extra water spill out. Gina always said not to use a spoon while drinking tea because it ‘isn’t the right way'. She’s probably right, but I don’t like burning my tongue.

I was almost done with my tea when my stomach growled.

Toast!

But I was so engrossed with finding bread that I didn’t notice the floor creaking. When I realized that it was going to take me a bit to find the bread, I decided to finish the rest of the tea before it got cold. So I jumped up on the counter and drank directly from the bowl.

No use for a spoon now. 

I sat on the counter so that half my body was facing the door and the other half was facing the fridge. I was just about to finish when I heard David.

“Um Giovanna?”

I easily scare and although he didn’t do it intentionally, I freaked. I jumped up from the counter making me spill the remaining amount of tea on my shirt while I choked on the liquid that was currently going down my throat. I started coughing in a very unattractive way until I was able to control it. It was a miracle that I was able to compose myself.

“Are you okay?”

“Yeah, you uh just scared me.”

I set the bowl down in the sink facing away from him so that he couldn’t see my red face.