Questions

"I don't want you to leave your mother if it hurts you." Jesse whispered, I could hear the sound of his heart grieving in his voice.

"Nothing would hurt me more than not seeing you again. She'll get used to it, don't worry." I replied as he took my hands and looked into my eyes. I kissed him before we parted ways.

   "Mother?" I asked as I opened the door and she looked at me and smiled for a second, then heading to sit on the pure white couch. "You cannot stop me from seeing my love." I said in a serious tone as she looked up at me. 

"You're only seventeen, you don't know what love is." She muttered as I looked at her confused.

"Since when does age dictate when you can learn to love? Do explain that to me." I snapped at her, getting fired up. 

"Fine, then we shall make a deal." Mother said as I rolled my eyes, "I want Richard to stay here for awhile, and if you still want to be with Jesse once Richard leaves...then I will allow it." I shook on it, already knowing that I would always chose Jesse. 

    I ran upstairs to my bedroom and I saw Jesse standing by the window, he had something in his hand but I couldn't see what. He looked up and smiled with a huge grin, the same I had on my face. He took a few steps closer to me and started speaking. 

"Cecilia Foster," He began, "I have never loved anyone the way I love you, and I want to spend the rest of my everlasting life with you." He took a small breath and got down on one knee. "I know the law says we cannot be wedded until we are eighteen but you will be next year..." A huge smile grazed my face as he popped out the question. "Cecilia Foster, would you do me the honor of marrying me?" He opened the black velvet box and revealed a golden engagement band with our favorite stones, aquamarine and emerald. I looked at him in the eyes and...