Confessing and Blessing

"You are such a greedy child, Cecilia! You always take and take from us, you have to give and only give! Do you understand me?" My father yelled at me as he took a swig of beer, yelling at me, a mere ten year old child. 

"Yes, father." I said, trying not to cry...I decided from that day one that I would never, ever cry again. Father always said it was a sign of weakness, he was right. 

        "That was my childhood." I explained to Jesse, trying not to cry. It was hard to talk about it, I didn't want to seem weak in front of the man that I love. "It wasn't the best but others have it worse." I let a tear roll down my cheek, letting down my emotional guard, and he raised his hand to wipe my tear. 

"Your father was wrong, you are not selfish or greedy." He said, getting aroused, "And crying isn't weak. Look! I'm crying right now."

"I don't like to see you cry, Jesse." I said though my own tears, wiping his own tears. 

"I'm only crying because you've been hurt, and that hurts me." Jesse replied with pure passion in his voice as we held each other in each others arms.

          We woke up the next morning with Mae just staring at us, she looked like she has just seen the sun for the first time. Jesse hasn't been himself in a very long time, which I think is why she looked at him the way she did. 

"Good morning, Cecilia." Mae said as Jesse woke up, his arms still hanging onto me, it made me blush. "Shall we go for a walk?"