Epilogue:

Merlin later discovered the reason he couldn’t leave right away. He remembered the pain all right, but after it had knocked him out a boulder had made a pressure above his leg and fallen to it as the fire-fighters had rescued him. It was broken and painful, but compare to his recent reunion and goodbye with all of his friends, the pain was nothing to that heavy hearted warlock. Time had never felt slower than this. He didn’t know where Arthur were either but he remembered that he managed to use his last strength to make a protection field of some sort, that covered all three of them, sadly the enchantment had wearied off and boulders and rubbles had placed on top of him. He could only look out of the window, at the white and grey clouds which slowly flew across the sky. What about Emmy? Was she all right? I hope the arodnesse is gone.

   A knock on the door ripped Merlin out of his thoughts. A nurse stood by the door, with a sweet smile on her lips. She was very pretty. Merlin looked at her, still very sad of the thought of another loss of his own love.

   “How are you feeling sir?”

   “Not dead; not yet anyway.”

   “Is there anything I can do for you?” She had a northern accent, perhaps she was from Glasgow, Merlin thought to himself.

   “Yes actually. How long have I’ve been here?”

   “You’ve been in here for three days, but—“

   Merlin interrupted her, “Who else was brought to the hospital?”

   I took a couple of minutes before the nurse answered. “A couple of patients arrived the same day as you; a mother and her daughter; an old man and a woman.” Merlin sighed, but not relieved. “Is there someone specific you had in mind?”

   “My friend as the matter of fact, my only friend. A guy, around my age,” (well, visually) “blonde hair, blue eyes, was wearing a red shirt the last time I saw him. Very fit, does a lot of work out.” The description didn’t ring a bell. “His name is Arthur. Arthur Pendragon.” The name rang a bell. It was an odd name.

   “I’m not sure if his here, but I can go and find out if you want me to.” Merlin nodded eagerly with gratitude.

   When the nurse headed back to the corridor a loud banging and thud was performed. With his broken leg Merlin could not see what happened, but when he listened closely, he could hear that a simpleton was walking around the corridor.

   “Seriously, is this the only thing you’ve got? It’s too short, I want you to find another longer robe I can wear this won’t ever do.” When that familiar silhouette walked through the window, that separated the corridor with the room Merlin knew exactly which dollop head was walking around the hospital!

   “Sir, please come with me,”

   “No I won’t follow you. I’m looking for my servant, Mer—lin—!” Arthur shouted through the corridor, till he finally got to the door to Merlin’s room.

   “Arthur!” Merlin grinned.

   “Merlin!” Arthur smiled back, until he saw Merlin’s broken leg. “What happened?” Merlin didn’t actually know exactly what had happened, he was glad to see his friend alive. It appeared Arthur was given morphine, and was very clumsy until he figured out how to sit on Merlin’s bed without falling down. Merlin told him about what he’d experienced, about his destiny, and place the crown on Arthur’s head. “Are you sure it is my head there should be a crown.”

   “I’ve never been more sure Arthur,” Merlin said with the happiest smile ever. Even though he hadn’t moved on, he was glad he’d returned for Arthur.

By the door a familiar dark face, covered in freckles and curls stood Jenny, unnoticed by the two great friends who needed all each other’s company, with the greatest smile on her lips as only a certain Queen could smile. Her eyes smiled, she thought she understood. She thought she knew who these guys were. The Once and Future King and his trusted warlock Merlin.

Hey Guys.

I think that’s that. I hope you have enjoyed reading this. I hope you have lived with Merlin and Arthur a little bit just like I have.

It is 00:46 a.m. local time (January 31st) and I have finished this story by listening to the series soundtrack – and merely crying my eyes out. Endings are sad and I don’t like them. But I think it is good some stories end at some point.

Thank you for joining me on this adventure with the King and Warlock it’s been tremendous!

XOXO