Chapter 6: Dollop head

Last night Arthur found Merlin's comfortable bed, bumped on to it and fell asleep. "What the hell happened?" Merlin bellowed the morning after. Arthur did not respond due to the loud snoring he probably did not even hear the question. Not even a reaction was supplied to the conversation. "Arthur you big fat dollop head. Get out of my bed!" Even though the warlock was strong and possessed great magic he did not possess the physical strength to pull or push Arthur out of bed.

Merlin exhaled irritated before his eyes turned golden and the covering flew up and formed a whip and whipped Arthur swiftly enough to make him scream a girlish scream before rolling out of bed hitting the floor with a great thud.

"Merlin!" Arthur yelled and took his hand to his sore bottom.

"Your royal arse is not to be planted in my bed! When I said 'help yourself' I didn't mean you should let the flat look like it's been bombarded by the cavalry!" Merlin left the room and looked at the living room. "It looks like you sent the army in here to attack it!" Arthur heard Merlin's voice saying just before he re-entered the bedroom. "What happened last night?" It felt like Merlin talked to a thick brick wall, when Arthur, instead of replying looked out the window, to see the sunlight lighten up the room.

"Is it already dawn?"

"It's noon, you doofus." Clearly Merlin looked like he could explode any moment. He left the room once again and looked at the state of the bombarded living room. The armchair was lying on its back. All the lamps light bulbs had broken as they had fallen to the floor. Not to talk about the kitchen, herbs was thrown to the grown as much as books.

"What the hell were you doing last night?" Merlin thundered. As a precaution Arthur stepped a few steps back. A very confused look was plastered on his face as if he couldn't remember the last night.

"Alright, from now on you'll get a nanny each time I leave you to yourself." This made Arthur wake up.

"What?" he said with a high pitch voice, "A nanny? Merlin now you're just being ridiculous! I'm the king, and I don't need a nanny." Arthur stated it clear.

A part of Merlin ignored Arthur as another part wanted to talk back. Instead of discussing with Arthur Merlin started to clean his flat. He had the just amount of all but two light bulbs in the hallway. Books flew around the kitchen and found their rightful place on the shelf Merlin couldn't reach. Arthur helped with the cleaning too. Well, the part of replacing everything to its rightful place, such as the couch and armchair.

In the meantime Merlin thought of what he had seen in the crystal cave, as Arthur snapped him out of it. "Merlin . . . there is something that constantly makes me wonder."

"Oh, like what?"

"Like, why do you have a box with winter in your kitchen? That must be great sorcery, but why?" he looked like a confused child. Arthur was still surprised Merlin possessed magic and continued coping with it. Merlin burst into laughter. He laughed so much it was starting to hurt.

"Arthur are you referring to the freezer?"

"I don't even know what the word means." He stated bluntly while walking to the kitchen to show Merlin the winter box. "That" he pointed, "is your winter box, but what is its purpose? And how is it possible. Surely it is magic! It's the only explanation."

"I'm sorry to disappoint you Arthur, but there is no magic involved in your winter box, which is called a freezer. It's developed to obtain food you want to eat later so you don't have to buy food every day. The cool, or the winter, preserves the food until the day you want to eat it. Very useful."

"That's what I said; magic. Sometimes I wonder why I doubt your cleverness." Merlin repressed a laugh. "Then what about the waterfall-thingy?" the warlock looked like he'd was about to choke in his laugh, not sure if he should worry or laugh.

"The what-fall?"

"Yes." Arthur's eye sparkled with eager, like he'd just discovered gold and hasted to the bathroom where he waited for Merlin. "I discovered it yesterday as you were away, and hot water is coming out of that. Like a waterfall. Look!" Arthur turned on the water from the shower stall, though he quickly turned it off as the water hit his face so he looked absolutely ridiculous trying to turn it off with his eyes closed and mouth spitting water. "Completely like magic!" he spat out more water. "Is it advanced magic to make it rain with hot water?"

"It's called a shower stall not a waterfall, Arthur sorry to disappoint you."

"Oh, nonsense, it's a sorcerer's rainchamber or waterfall."

"It is still not magic! And stop playing with it like a child Arthur, you'll use all the hot water!"

"No I won't. And I'm not a child!"

"Yes you will if you keep turning it on and off."

"And I thought you just learned to be smart Merlin. Sadly you are being stupid as always."

"I'm sorry what? How am I'm being stupid when you're the one playing with water like a child?"

A wrinkled appeared on Arthur's forehead, "Because you got magic Merlin. You're a sorcerer, you're everything my father was against—" the words left his mouth before he noticed, "—Sorry . . . All I'm saying is you've got magic and can make the cold water hot." He said with a happy smile. The warlock rolled his eyes, as they quickly turned golden and cold water gushed at Arthur as Merlin left the bathroom. "MERLIN! You did this with your magic!"

Merlin turned "I don't know what you're talking about," he said widest smile on his face like nothing had happened.

_____________________________

A/N

So I finally got to update something more. Thanks for reading and please keep commenting so I can hear your thoughts on this story. I will update as much as I can, as fast as I can.

Thanks for reading! 

XO